We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome to positano - private car share?

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Rome to positano - private car share?

My husband and I are travelling from Rome to Positano Friday April 13th. Taking the train to Naples, then getting a private taxi from Naples to Positano seems like the best option, but it's pricey. So I ask, is anyone out there doing the same journey and interested in splitting the cost with us?

Edited: 01 April 2012, 09:28
Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome to positano - private car share?

You can take the train to Naples, the Circumvesuviana to Sorrento, and then the SITA bus to Positano; for not much money. You could stop at Pompeii if you desire.

Victoria, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome to positano - private car share?

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately though in told by a local that the circumvensuviana train isn't running at the moment.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome to positano - private car share?

If it's not running they're not saying anything about that on the Circumvesuviana website. I'm sure it's a very temporary thing if it's not running. MANY thousands use the train daily.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,538 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome to positano - private car share?

Take Trenitalia to SALERNO (not Naples)

Walk 800 meters to the Concordia Dock (minimum 10 minutes on foot)

Take the Cooperativa Sant'Andrea ferry boat to Positano

NOTE: Be careful that you allow adequate time for the connection.

www.trenitalia.com

www.coopsantandrea.it

5. Re: Rome to positano - private car share?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2013, 20:21