We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano Town Hall

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Positano Town Hall

I will be staying in Sorrento next summer for a week. I won't be hiring a car but I will be going to a friend's wedding in Positano one afternoon. Does anyone know how long the bus journey takes from Sorrento to Positano and whether it stops anywhere near Positano Town Hall? Alos, the evening reception is in Conca dei Marini and I will need to get back to Sorrento later that night. Does anyone know how long a taxi ride back will take?

Thanks!

Positano
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Positano Town Hall

The Sorrento to Positano bus takes about 30 to 40 mins depending whether it does the Nastro Azzurro round via St.Agata. The first Positano Sita bus stop is just around the corner from the town hall. Back track past the fruit shop to a sign saying Carabinieri. Take the steps down and it's there.

Your main problem will be getting on the bus. They can be very crowded in summer.

Can't help you with Conca!

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Positano Town Hall

Thanks for your help- much appreciated!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,843 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Positano Town Hall

There are many taxi services - you should make the arrangements from Sorrento with one of them and they will be waiting for you to take you back to Sorrento -

You should ask your hotel in Sorrento for a referral for a taxi service or search this forum for them. I used one two different times and they were completely reliable showing up on time, being good drivers and cordial.

There are a lot of them so you won't have any trouble finding one. I used one that was based in Sorrento and they came to pick me up in Positano and also to pick me up from the Naples airport to take me to Positano. I paid 90 euros from Naples - not sure what the price will be to Sorrento.

4. Re: Positano Town Hall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2010, 15:20