We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in April

Letchworth in...
Level Contributor
50 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in April

I am planning to spend my 50th birthday in Positano and can't wait - having read all of the wonderful reports on Tripadvisor. I know there are no guarantees - but what would you expect the weather to be like towards the end of April?

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in April

Hope this helps. Enjoy your birthday in Italia's Paradise!

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g194863-s208/Positano…

California
Level Contributor
613 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in April

For the most part it will be very pleasant, with cool nights. Certainly not swimming weather, so forget about the ocean, and you really will not have need for a hotel with a pool. The days can range from cool to perfectly comfortable so plan accordingly

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in April

I generally think of the end of April as being very pleasant (the odd storm aside!), and it's very much the start of the season here - some 30 or 40 miles north of Positano.

It's certainly a great time for making excursions to the area's many attractions.

The sea is indeed not warm enough for most people to consider a swim, and hotel pools are unlikely to have been filled or opened but here - thanks to the thermal springs - spa centres such as Negombo, Castiglione and Posideon will be open and busy!

For such help as it may be, here are the stats for the last week of the month, for Naples (based on the last 13 years) and for Capri (from 5 years data), but they don't seem to have anywhere closer!:

www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/city…

www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/city…

Peter

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
4. Re: Weather in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2010, 14:17