We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Weekend in Positano

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Easter Weekend in Positano

My fiancee and I will be getting married in Positano in April 2010. We are planning on going Easter weekend and getting married that Monday. I was looking at a calendar of Italian holidays and just found out that "Easter Monday" is a holiday. Does anyone know how it is celebrated in Positano? Will it affect our ceremony? (i.e. florists and restaurants closed) Also, will there be any festivals during that weekend? Thanks for any information you can provide!

Positano
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Easter Weekend in Positano

Traditionally Positano gets underway on the Easter weekend. Most restaurants will certainly be open, even on a public holiday. You would do well to contact the florist and put your order in before the wedding.

Most shops like supermarkets butchers etc stay open half a day on Easter Monday as its the traditional day for Pasquetta or Picnic day. There are a lot of people in town that day from neighbouring towns determined to have their day out rain or shine so the roads along the Coast do get clogged with traffic sometimes.

On good Friday Positano has a religious cermony which begins at the top half of the town and continues down into the main Church. A procession with hooded men bearing the cross, makes its way around the main street very slowly so that traffic (and busses) are blocked for a couple of hours.

2. Re: Easter Weekend in Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2010, 14:20