We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment or Hotel in Positano

4 posts
Save Topic
Apartment or Hotel in Positano

We are meeting our 25 yr old daughter in Positano next year. Can't decide whether to book an apartment or two hotel rooms. We would like views and a European feel to the rooms. The apartments I've seen on the net seem to be poorly furnished. Any suggestions.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,100 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment or Hotel in Positano

You should read the tab on the upper left side of this page for reviews of hotels and apartments.

You should also look at a map of Positano and decide which part of the village you want to stay in as it is a vertical village and some places to stay are closer to the water and some are perched higher above the village which makes for spectacular views - which most places have - but also involves a lot of stairs, etc leading down to the water.

Apartment will save you money as two hotel rooms will be costly but only you know your budget so you can decide which you prefer.

There are some beautiful apartments in Positano and the thread on this forum will give you a lot of information and photos to look at.

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
150 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment or Hotel in Positano

I always stay at Alcione Residence www.alcioneresidence.com . i have stayed here on five occasions always perfect!!!!

3. Re: Apartment or Hotel in Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2010, 16:26
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor