We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fallen in love with Positano!

england
Level Contributor
74 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Fallen in love with Positano!

Hi everyone,

Just got back from the most amazing trip to Positano. It was my first time there, and I'd studied many reviews and forum posts on TA before going.

I have to agree with a lot of people on here. It is the most beautiful place I've ever been. We stayed at the wonderful Le Agavi hotel which we thoroughly enjoyed and in the evenings we got the shuttle down into the town for dinner.

I will submit reviews/photos soon, but for now just wanted to say how much I loved Positano and that I have already started planning my next trip!!

indiana
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fallen in love with Positano!

EnigmaW has some great photos on the above link. Grazie mille EW.

Ireland
Level Contributor
141 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Fallen in love with Positano!

Hi, I could not agree more, Positano is one of the most beautiful places in the world and also the people there are very helpful and friendly. We go it very hard to leave..and hope to return in the not so distant future.

Re: jimmypCliftonPark_Ny query: there was a slightly similar post that may be of use to you:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g194863-i286-k2956…

My main advise is just to take it easy, take plenty of breaks – stop at landings and take a drink of water – do not worry the locals take it easy going around the place too – well while walking anyway ;-)

If you input restaurants in the search table beside the Positano Forum tab you will get many listings and recommendations. I adored Next2 restaurant – delicious food, drinks and great staff. Brunos is another lovely restaurant.

Have a fantastic time in Positano, it is beautiful.

Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Fallen in love with Positano!

Hi, you are absolutely right, amazing!

Really charming and unique atmosfere; It is not so touristed out, as i expected after reading some posts, "Hustle and bustle" I met in Amalfi, but not in Positano! High level of comfort and relaxation...

Wonderful!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Fallen in love with Positano!

...and here it is last night:

http://www.pbase.com/image/116512858/original

california
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Fallen in love with Positano!

I just read all the wonderful experiences. I am going from madrid, to rome (2 days), and hopefully Positano 2 days. Having trouble figuring out the easiest way to get to positano from rome...i've heard of trains to naples, to sorrento, to positano. i've heard, the marozzi bus from rome to positano (but lacking info on this), train to salerno, ferry to postiano. SO, since you all have been there recently, please advise me on your thoughts and advice. thanks all!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Fallen in love with Positano!

Reminiscing.....and counting the days, or rather months, til the next visit:

pbase.com/enigmawmn/image/116792365/original

pbase.com/enigmawmn/image/84689848/original

pbase.com/enigmawmn/image/103466184/original

Letchworth in...
Level Contributor
50 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Fallen in love with Positano!

Hi have you posted your report on your trip yet? I am thinking of booking at the Agavi hotel and wondered what you thought of it!

18. Re: Fallen in love with Positano!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2010, 14:24