We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week in Positano

ontario
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Week in Positano

We are flying into Rome for two nights, then to a villa in Positano for a week. Need advice on easiest way to get to Positano with luggage, and what to do in Positano for the week, many thanks

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
11. Re: Week in Positano

And what hotel did you all stay in?

Positano, Italy
Level Contributor
96 posts
20 reviews
12. Re: Week in Positano

Hi:

From Roma Termini take the "Frecciarossa" high speed train( 1hr. 20minutes ,€46.pp.)to Naples Centrale.

Cab to Beverello Port and the Metro-del-Mare ferry to Positano.(€15.pp). From the Positano Port ask Positano Porter to take your bags to your Villa (€7.per bag).Bus or cab to your Villa.

Rome-Positano Taxi €480.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45,281 posts
13. Re: Week in Positano

I took a taxi from the Naples airport to Positano and after searching this forum for recommendations I ended up paying just 90 euros for a wonderful service - I used them twice. Once from Naples Airport to Positano and then again from Positano to Rome which cost 360 euros.

Both times, the driver was on time - at the airport had a sign with my name on it and a nice BMW and then to Rome, the driver again was on time with a nice new small van.

I chose this company because as opposed to others they did not request a credit card deposit but they responded to my emails promptly.

I had to book my car from Positano to Rome the day before I needed it because I was in a boating accident and had to leave. I emailed and received a quick answer and then in the morning I emailed again and asked if they could come a 1/2 hour earlier, which the driver did - so, for my money, it was terrific service and I don't know what else a taxi service could do for 20 euros more.

The name of the taxi service is Guemar Travel - email: info@guemartravel.com

I found quite a few recommendations on this forum for them and it was nice to find how accurate those reviews were.

Ohio
Level Contributor
247 posts
47 reviews
14. Re: Week in Positano

Try Seahorse Car Service out of Sorrento for any private transportation needs. I contacted 12 different companies and they were the best priced. We flew into Rome and got driven to Positano in a van. The cost was 300 euros for 5 of us. They also transported us back to Rome at a ridiculous time of the morning. They were prompt and professional. We also used them for a private transfer to Pompeii and they were great.

15. Re: Week in Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2010, 14:18