We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving to Positano on July 27th

NJ
4 posts
Arriving to Positano on July 27th

Hello all and thanks for all of the great posts. I will be going to Positano for the first leg of our honeymoon in a few weeks and am getting very excited. I was hoping to take a ferry from Naples to Positano, but it looks like I won't be arriving in Naples until 3:30 or so, so I think I will miss the last ferry. Can anyone confirm that this is the case for me? If so, I guess I will just hire a private transfer service. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Grazie.

Skigirl1080s
9 posts
1. Re: Arriving to Positano on July 27th

I'm following your post because I'm also interested in the time tables. Where are you staying in Positano? I'm looking for a honeymoon worthy hotel!

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
155 reviews
2. Re: Arriving to Positano on July 27th

On www.metrodelmare.com you can find the timetable. It looks like there is a boat at 15.10 but I think you will just miss this one.

You can take a ferry to Sorrento and take the bus there to Positano. There is a boat from Napels to Sorrento at 16.15. It arrives in Sorrento at 17.05. You have to take a small bus from the harbour to the busstation. From Sorrento busstation the buses go to Positano every hour or so.

If the weather is not too good, the boats don't go out at all or only from Naples to Sorrento (that happened to us in June).

Or take private transport direct from Naples to Positano, but that is much more expensive ofcourse.

NJ
4 posts
3. Re: Arriving to Positano on July 27th

I will be staying at Hotel Villa Rosa for 4 nights. Then I'll be off to Venice and the Greek Isles. From what I've read, Villa Rosa is a nice hotel with a great staff and is reasonably priced in comparison to some others.

Thanks for the tips on the commute. I'm thinking that if I won't be able to make the last ferry from Naples to Positano, I may just hire a private driver in the essence of time. After a 7 hour flight and 2 hour train ride I have a feeling I am just going to want to get to Positano ASAP.

Thanks!

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
155 reviews
4. Re: Arriving to Positano on July 27th

Okay I understand...

www.driveamalfi.com seems to get good reviews here, but you can do a search.

NJ
1 post
1 review
5. Re: Arriving to Positano on July 27th

I would suggest hiring a driver. We just returned from Positano and hired a driver to pick us up at the train station in Naples. On the way to Positano, we stopped in Sorrento. Another day, the driver took us to Amalfi and Ravello. He brought us to places off the beaten track. Contact Adolfo-sc8adolfo@hotmail.it

He is a doll!

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
104 posts
78 reviews
6. Re: Arriving to Positano on July 27th

I just got back from Italy and did the Positano to Naples route. I highly recommend the private transfer, it takes 90 minutes, and it's 110 Euros. At first I was hesitant to spend so much for the transfer, but I'm so glad we did. I used Sorrento Silverstar (www.sorrentosilverstar.com) based on trip advisor reviews. Our driver was on-time (at 5:30am) and drove cautiously which we appreciated. I researched all the other options (bus/ferry/train), but the transfer was so fast and easy.

However, we needed to catch a train in Naples so the transfer was critical in us not missing our 7:30am train. If you're just heading to Positano and it doesn't matter what time you get there, don't care too much about comfort and convenience, and want to save some cash, then I would do what the other poster recommended, which is take the Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento, and the bus from Sorrento to Positano (the buses in Sorrento are a few steps away from where you arrive on the train). This will only cost you 6 Euros and takes 2 hours in travel time (plus time spent waiting) so no more than 3 hours.

NJ
4 posts
7. Re: Arriving to Positano on July 27th

You have all been very informative. I have actually found a driver (from reccomendations here)for 80 Euro. To save the aggravation, I think it might just be worth paying the extra money...

Thanks again.

CT
Level Contributor
95 posts
8. Re: Arriving to Positano on July 27th

Could you share the driver you found for 80 Euros?

NJ
4 posts
9. Re: Arriving to Positano on July 27th

His name is Anthony Buonocore. buonocoreanthony@yahoo.it

He actuall ystarted at 100 Eruo, but I told him that I had already found someone for 85 Euro (Johnny Maresca from Johnny's Tour Service johnnymaresca@libero.it).

I think I will be using Johnny htough because he is already scheduled to bring us from Positano back to Naples for an early morning flight to Venice, so I'm thinking that I may as well just stick with one driver.......

10. Re: Arriving to Positano on July 27th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 October 2009, 09:06