We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

positano food

2 posts
Save Topic
positano food

wrong place to be visiting I know as I don't like any seafood, but can anyone point me in the direction of any positano resturants that are not dominted by seafood? ie, meats or other non seafood based pasta dishes? Thanks

12 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
96,949 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: positano food

I have very seldom found a restaurant in Italy that serves only seafood. You should not have any problem.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: positano food

yes mate, there is a pie and mash shop at the top of the mountain and daves kebabs by the beach

also a corner shop there for space raiders and transformer snacks for the hotel room when you are pissed

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,673 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: positano food

Every restaurant I have been to in Positano has more than just seafood on the menu - lots of pasta and some meat options.

Level Contributor
3,187 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: positano food

Will second these posts - try La Tagliata up in Monterpertuso.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,673 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: positano food

Good call Bonnie - La Tagliata is ALL about meat!

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: positano food

I didn't find La Tagliata all about meat but it was the most incredible meal of our trip!!! 8 course meal and all the wine you can drink 😁

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: positano food

Il Tridente at the Hotel Poseidon has delicious grilled chicken as an option at lunch, and the view is stupendous from their terrace.

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: positano food

It's not the wrong place at all. The traditional food culture of the Sorrento Peninsula was (and still it is, in part) mostly based on cheeses and vegetables, and you'll find plenty of non-seafood options in every menu. Not a lot about meat, but still you have quite a wide choice.

New York
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: positano food

I'm allergic to shellfish and there's always something to eat somewhere. Unfortunately I don't always find the non seafood dishes that good at the restaurants dominated by seafood here in Positano. Last night I went to a great local place that just reopened 2 weeks ago called Il Grottino Azzurro. It's not the same as what's showing in TA as being closed and there is no pizza. It was really delicious typical Italian Trattoria food. I don't even know if they had any seafood at all. It's higher up in the village next to Bar Internazional. It's easy to take the internal loop bus and then you can walk back down. I might even go again tonight. I'll review it when it gets updated in TA.

I was supposed to go to La Tagliata tonight which I've never been to, but cancelled my reservation because after a fiasco at Da Adolfo for lunch I didn't know if I was up to another situation where you're at the mercy of a shuttle.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
92 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: positano food

MeriamLisa what happened with Da Adolfo? We are heading to Positano this week and I was planning to go there.

Reply to: positano food
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted