We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano boat rental & restaurant info

Fayetteville...
2 posts
Positano boat rental & restaurant info

I am visiting Positano in late July for 5 days. I am interested in renting a dinghy or inflatable - there are just two of us. It might even be too late as I messaged a few sites, and have not gotten a response.

Does anyone know if you have to have any experience or a license to just rent the inflatable or dinghy rafts? I am not interested in hiring a captain with the boat, I would prefer for it to just be the two of us. If anyone has any info on this, or a good company that I can try to get into contact with, I would really appreciate it!

Also, I see that some of the more popular restaurants are already booked up entirely for these dates on their sites, and Positano is almost booked at full capacity on a site like booking.com - I have looked into La Sponda and Il Tridente. Does anyone know of any other restaurants locally that I can try to make a reservation at? I just want to book a dinner with a beautiful view of Positano.

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
2 posts
1. Re: Positano boat rental & restaurant info

Can't help much since I took Bluestar boat tours to Amalfi and Capri but a great restaurant for pasta and a view is Ristorante Bruno. Up street from Le Siraneuse, inexpensive, delicious, and amazing views. Made a reservation twice out of the four times we went. Reservation needed for outdoor seeing, short wait for indoor with no reservation. Hope that helps!

Fayetteville...
2 posts
2. Re: Positano boat rental & restaurant info

Thanks Justine!

I have rented a boat from Grassi Junior boat services, I hope they were legit because I gave them credit card info via email for a deposit lol.

And I am glad that you mentioned Bruno because I have already booked 1 dinner there. We are also staying 4 nights (5 days), so I think that I will make our last night reservation for Bruno as well.

So far I have:

Bruno

Caffe Positano

Il Tridente

Level Contributor
23 posts
3. Re: Positano boat rental & restaurant info

Luci Bella is another boating company that we have used right down on Grande Spiaggia. The Hotel Marincanto has a restaurant and has the same views at Le Sirenuse.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,711 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Positano boat rental & restaurant info

Caffe Positano has a nice view but meh food IMO. One of our favorites is Next 2. No view but a lovely outdoor seating area and fantastic food. I highly recommend aperitivo at sunset on the terrace at Hotel Il San Pietro. Worth the 20 euro cab ride.

Level Contributor
3,291 posts
102 reviews
5. Re: Positano boat rental & restaurant info

Ahh yes, that terrace at San Pietro is special. And Next2 is one of my favorites (the zucchini flowers are a must). We had a meal last year at Da Vincenzo for the first time - our table had a nice view but I do not think they all do. Rada Restaurant has stunning views but I went when it was a different name a few years ago so I cannot vouch for food now.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
107 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: Positano boat rental & restaurant info

Absolutely go to Il San Pietro for a bellini or Aperol spritz on the terrace--totally magical. Or stay for dinner (their lobster tagliatelle with lemon is incredible). I think you can hop on their shuttle from the La Sponda stop if you are going there. Another great restaurant that doesn't have a view unfortunately but was one of our best in Positano is Case Mele--really modern and excellent. Also, if you can't get into La Sponda, get a drink at the champagne and oyster bar--I think they take reservations as well.

Reply to: Positano boat rental & restaurant info
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted