We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano boat rental & restaurant info

Fayetteville...
2 posts
Save Topic
Positano boat rental & restaurant info

I am visiting Positano in late July for 5 days. I am interested in renting a dinghy or inflatable - there are just two of us. It might even be too late as I messaged a few sites, and have not gotten a response.

Does anyone know if you have to have any experience or a license to just rent the inflatable or dinghy rafts? I am not interested in hiring a captain with the boat, I would prefer for it to just be the two of us. If anyone has any info on this, or a good company that I can try to get into contact with, I would really appreciate it!

Also, I see that some of the more popular restaurants are already booked up entirely for these dates on their sites, and Positano is almost booked at full capacity on a site like booking.com - I have looked into La Sponda and Il Tridente. Does anyone know of any other restaurants locally that I can try to make a reservation at? I just want to book a dinner with a beautiful view of Positano.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Ristorante La Sponda
Ristorante La Sponda
725 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Il Tridente
Il Tridente
79 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Ristorante Casa Mele
$$$$, Italian, Seafood, Mediterranean
La Taverna del Leone
$$ - $$$, Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Il Ritrovo
$$ - $$$, Italian, Seafood, Mediterranean
6 replies to this topic
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Positano boat rental & restaurant info

Can't help much since I took Bluestar boat tours to Amalfi and Capri but a great restaurant for pasta and a view is Ristorante Bruno. Up street from Le Siraneuse, inexpensive, delicious, and amazing views. Made a reservation twice out of the four times we went. Reservation needed for outdoor seeing, short wait for indoor with no reservation. Hope that helps!

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Bruno
Bruno
1,251 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Fayetteville...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Positano boat rental & restaurant info

Thanks Justine!

I have rented a boat from Grassi Junior boat services, I hope they were legit because I gave them credit card info via email for a deposit lol.

And I am glad that you mentioned Bruno because I have already booked 1 dinner there. We are also staying 4 nights (5 days), so I think that I will make our last night reservation for Bruno as well.

So far I have:

Bruno

Caffe Positano

Il Tridente

Mentioned in this post
Bruno
Bruno
1,251 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Caffe Positano
Caffe Positano
1,671 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Il Tridente
Il Tridente
79 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Positano boat rental & restaurant info

Luci Bella is another boating company that we have used right down on Grande Spiaggia. The Hotel Marincanto has a restaurant and has the same views at Le Sirenuse.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Marincanto
Hotel Marincanto
1,253 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Le Sirenuse Hotel
Le Sirenuse Hotel
1,012 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,580 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Positano boat rental & restaurant info

Caffe Positano has a nice view but meh food IMO. One of our favorites is Next 2. No view but a lovely outdoor seating area and fantastic food. I highly recommend aperitivo at sunset on the terrace at Hotel Il San Pietro. Worth the 20 euro cab ride.

Mentioned in this post
Caffe Positano
Caffe Positano
1,671 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Positano boat rental & restaurant info

Ahh yes, that terrace at San Pietro is special. And Next2 is one of my favorites (the zucchini flowers are a must). We had a meal last year at Da Vincenzo for the first time - our table had a nice view but I do not think they all do. Rada Restaurant has stunning views but I went when it was a different name a few years ago so I cannot vouch for food now.

Mentioned in this post
Next2
Next2
1,313 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Da Vincenzo
Da Vincenzo
2,582 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Rada Restaurant
Rada Restaurant
564 Reviews
Positano, Italy
San Francisco
Level Contributor
96 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Positano boat rental & restaurant info

Absolutely go to Il San Pietro for a bellini or Aperol spritz on the terrace--totally magical. Or stay for dinner (their lobster tagliatelle with lemon is incredible). I think you can hop on their shuttle from the La Sponda stop if you are going there. Another great restaurant that doesn't have a view unfortunately but was one of our best in Positano is Case Mele--really modern and excellent. Also, if you can't get into La Sponda, get a drink at the champagne and oyster bar--I think they take reservations as well.

Mentioned in this post
Ristorante La Sponda
Ristorante La Sponda
725 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Reply to: Positano boat rental & restaurant info
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted