We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastest transport Naples airport to Positano (in August...)

Sydney
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fastest transport Naples airport to Positano (in August...)

Hi all

20 August we arrive Naples at 10:50am.

What's the best option to get to our accommodation in Positano? Not adverse to a private car - our accommodation has quoted 100 euro which is fine.

But is there a better option i.e. by sea? I imagine the traffic will be a nightmare around lunchtime when we'd be getting to the coast.

We'll also have a bit of luggage (at least one large case each).

Thanks

Ash

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
4 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,215 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastest transport Naples airport to Positano (in August...)

www.positanoshuttle.com

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,415 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastest transport Naples airport to Positano (in August...)

There is no sensible water option. You'd have to take a bus or taxi from the airport to the port in Naples, then a ferry from there to Sorrento (only the 1 PM would work, arriving at about 1:45 PM), kill about an hour and then another ferry from there to Positano (and there's only one that would work with your timing, at 2:55 PM, arriving just before 4 PM. Then you'd have to get yourself and your luggage up the hill from the port to your accommodations (there are no roads, therefore no taxis, to the port at Positano).

To avoid the long slog by road from the autostrada down along the peninsula to Sorrento and then over the mountain to Positano (two hours on a good day), you could have the car service drive you straight down the autostrada to Salerno (about an hour and a quarter) where you could get a ferry to Positano. You'd still have the issue of getting yourself and your luggage up from the port into town, however.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Sorrento
Sorrento
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
2,947 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastest transport Naples airport to Positano (in August...)

Hey Els, I am looking at this very thing for my next trip. How about the Buonobus to Salerno? My flight is scheduled in at 0840 on September 13. I've never used this bus though. Website is buonobus.it/trasporto-pubblico-locale/linee-…

I was thinking Alibus to Napoli Centrale then train to Salerno to ferry but I think this might work better.

What do you think?

Edited: 12 May 2018, 06:39
Mentioned in this post
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
British Columbia
Level Contributor
906 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fastest transport Naples airport to Positano (in August...)

The fastest would be a car hire for sure. I used joebananalimos.net If you have time, train or ferry.

Reply to: Fastest transport Naples airport to Positano (in August...)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted