We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorhome to Capri

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Motorhome to Capri

Hi I'm struggling to find any information about a car ferry to Capri from Sorrento or close port, we would like to take our motorhome over there but unsure if it is possible?

thank you in advance

Mentioned in this post
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
9 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,642 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorhome to Capri

Where on earth would you put such a thing on a mostly pedestrian island even if you could take it over, which you can’t.

Are you familiar with the island? Www.capri.net will give you most info you need but, no, no, motor home or even a car (for most of the year you can’t take even a car over)

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorhome to Capri

Hi there's no need to be so harsh, I'm researching so many places on our Europe trip that I just thought may be you could which is why I asked the question, it's not a problem as we will just go over on a day trip.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
New York
Level Contributor
2,837 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorhome to Capri

Are our planning to have a motorhome in Positano??

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Motorhome to Capri

Hi no we are planning to take it down and stay in a campsite in Sorrento and then we will take bus and boat round Amalfi coast.

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Dublin
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Motorhome to Capri

Bus and boat is the way to go for the Amalfi coast but if you were thinking of going to Paestum and Padula then your motorhome would do nicely.

Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Paestum
Paestum
Capaccio-Paestum, Italy
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
16,380 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Motorhome to Capri

This thread caused me to look up camping in Sorrento, not something I've ever considered before. I'm actually pretty impressed with the looks of this place based on the pictures, and the location is fairly close to town: https:/…camping-sorrento.html

It also makes sense now that I've seen it, the campers they can handle are fairly small. I was thinking of those monster size things you see at state fairs in the midwest US, that's not what this is about.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 22:07
Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Motorhome to Capri

I googled camping in Sorrento too! The campsites look really nice and well-situated. It's really interesting to me all the different ways there are to experience the Amalfi Coast.

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Motorhome to Capri

Thank you everyone for your kind replies it is very much apreciated, our camper is 7.85m so I may have to 're look at the campsite we have chosen, as it's 4 min walk to Sorrento town.

New York
Level Contributor
2,837 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Motorhome to Capri

Els I was thinking of the gigantic motorhomes in the US also! I couldn't imagine where one would possibly put it in Positano!!

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Reply to: Motorhome to Capri
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted