We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy travel in June

New Jersey
2 posts
Save Topic
Italy travel in June

HI

i am traveling to Italy and would love to do Capri, Positano and then Rome for a few days. I actually will only be there for 1week, so it’s about 2 days in each place. Is that too tough? I could also just do three days on the coast and 3 days in Rome. Would love some advice from anyone who has traveled both the coast and Rome in one week! Many Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,636 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italy travel in June

Less is more. In this case you would be spending lots of time moving from place to place. At most 3 days really means only 2 full days due to travel as going to places like Capri is time consuming.

I suggest you sty in Rome for the 6 days.and possibly do a day trip somewhere.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,675 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italy travel in June

If you are really set on not just staying in Rome, I would choose Rome and 1 other location - either Capri or Positano. Fly into Naples and out of Rome, or vice versa. If you haven't booked hotels yet, where you stay may depend on where you can find lodging at this late date.

Garstang
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Italy travel in June

Rome needs the most days - 3 I would say.

Then I would travel down to sorrento and take the daily boat trips over the Capri and amalfi.

I've done capri and amalfi both in one day each so you could easily spread that out.

Are you flying back from Rome or Naples?

Reply to: Italy travel in June
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Positano