We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Rental with Rentvillas

Ocean City, Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
Villa Rental with Rentvillas

Has anyone have any experience renting a villa in Tuscany with an American company called Rentvillas.com? I would appreciate some feedback from fellow travellers before i commit several housand dollars for booking a property in Montepulciano...Also is it cheaper to rent direclty and run the risk of dealing with an Italian speaking person only? would love to know any opinions. Thanks

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
6,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Rental with Rentvillas

It's almost always cheaper to rent direct. And you'd be surprised, Italian owners of properties that are let regularly on a commercial basis invariably have someone around who can speak some (even if it's limited) English.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,315 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Rental with Rentvillas

Also you will find many british people have second homes in Tuscany as do many other nationalites.

Have a look at www.holiday-rentals.co.uk www.vrbo.com for direct from owner rentals.

holiday-rentals part of www.homeaway.co.uk which have various sister sites. Largest from owner website listing.

Any searches will return adverts from the sister sites. Some are from other countries like the german www.fewo-direkt.de

Also try www.ownersdirect.co.uk

Please note however that the above are advertising sites NOT agencies. You deal with the owner/advertiser directly. Some agencies do advertise on this site

As you deal with the owner/advertiser directly Terms & Conditions vary owner to owner. Your "contract" is with the owner and any issues you may have are with the owner. You will often find you are required to pay a deposit (30% plus) and the balance 6-8 weeks prior to arrival. Cancellation terms vary. You will often see loss of deposit or even loss of entire cost if close to arrival date.

Also because you deal directly with the owner payments are often by bank transfer. This is common in europe but americans often feel uncomfortable about not having the security of a credit card transaction.

You may feel that booking with an agency is more secure and you have more protection but this is not necessarily true.

If you think renting through an agency may give you more protection then think again

http://www.holidayhomestuscany.com/ are an agency

Heres their T&Cs. Take note of cancellation and the agency washing their hands of any responsibility. Including disputes and the accuracy of the owners description

"The Agency cannot be held responsible for the veracity ......

Always check the T&Cs carefully to avoid disappointment

Wherever you rent from always check EXACT location. Some owners take a bit of poetic licence when describing location. You may find yourself not even near a 1 horse town let alone the perceived "near to xxx" location

Alberta
Level Contributor
117 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Rental with Rentvillas

I have rented twice from Rentvillas. Both times for rentals in Italy. Once in Colle de Val D'elsa (?), and the other in Torre Alfina. They are fantastic to deal with, my agent was Patricia. All above board. What you see on the website, is what you get, no tricks. I highly recommend them, and will use them again in the future if I need. Hope this helps you out.

4. Re: Villa Rental with Rentvillas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2013, 21:19