We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from treviso airport to camping serenissima

Nottingham, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from treviso airport to camping serenissima

Hi, will be arriving at the airport around 10:30pm. Will the best bet to be getting a bus to mestre and then a taxi? But I heard the center could be a little dodgy at night. Or a taxi from the airport door to door? Any one have a rough idea of cost? Thank you

Jesolo International Club Camping
Jesolo International Club Camping
#1 of 44 Speciality lodging in Jesolo
Camping Village Marina di Venezia
Camping Village Marina di Venezia
#1 of 44 Speciality lodging in Cavallino-Treporti
Europa Camping Village
Europa Camping Village
#2 of 44 Speciality lodging in Cavallino-Treporti
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
24,413 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from treviso airport to camping serenissima

Take a bus from the Treviso airport to the Mestre Train Station and then a taxi to Serenissima. The area around the train station is well-lighted and well-patrolled. No need to worry.

The ATVO bus service at Treviso Airport connects with Ryanair flights:

http://bit.ly/10P0RlC

In Mestre ATVO operates two stops: the first in Corso del Popolo, in front of BNP Bank, the second at the train station. The cost from Treviso to Mestre is €12 and €22 return.

Cooperativa Artigiana Radiotaxi has reliable taxis at the Mestre Train Station:

http://bit.ly/1F9SDYY

Mentioned in this post
Treviso Airport
Treviso Airport
Venice, Italy
Mestre
Mestre
City of Venice, Italy
Corso
Corso
727 Reviews
Jesolo, Italy
Treviso
Treviso
Province of Treviso, Italy
Nottingham, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from treviso airport to camping serenissima

Thank you.. was just a little worried becuase of some if the things I've read about the area late at night..but I live in central London so imagine it no worse off?

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
24,413 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from treviso airport to camping serenissima

I've been in the area many times late at night and never even saw anything that would concern me. Again, no need to worry.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from treviso airport to camping serenissima

If you stick to the area between where the bus drops you off at the train station and the taxi stand in front of the station, you should be okay, with due diligence and attention. Once out of that area by even a block or two, the area deteriorates, but it sounds as you have no reason or time to wander. Further away, you are right, it does quickly become seedy, but the area you need to walk should be no problem.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from treviso airport to camping serenissima

I pass through that area often, and my "awareness radar" gets turned up extra when I am there after dark to wait for a bus or meet someone. When my daughter was home this summer (she is in the university boxing and rugby clubs, and in the military reserves, so she knows self defense and can handle her own, but I still went to pick her up when she got off at the station after dark (and she didn't complain at all, in fact she admitted she preferred it) since an unaccompanied female in that area is especially a target for unwanted attention. Also, obviously "foresti" (non-locals) are often singled out, even if in couples, particularly once off the main street itself. If you act attentive, and politely ignore any attempts to engage you by beggars or "incidentals", at least in the main station area, you should have no problems.

6. Re: Taxi from treviso airport to camping serenissima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2018, 14:16