We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boarding Italo at Mestre with Booking from Santa Lucia

5 posts
1 review
Boarding Italo at Mestre with Booking from Santa Lucia

Hello everyone, just a quick question for travelling on Italo trains between Venice and Florence. I booked a ticket from Venice Santa Lucia to Florence Santa Maria Novella on Saturday morning, but for various reasons I might end up at Mestre at the time of departure. Looking at Italo's website, it seems like the same train goes through Mestre station as well. My question is: is it okay for me to just board that train from Mestre, or do I need to go to Venice SL to board the train? Could this cause any problems in acquiring the seat assigned to me? (There is only one Italo train to Florence in the morning, so I don't expect any confusion in getting on the right train.)

Turin
Level Contributor
9,653 posts
1 review
1. Re: Boarding Italo at Mestre with Booking from Santa Lucia

No problem.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
26,185 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Boarding Italo at Mestre with Booking from Santa Lucia

Guide to train travel in Italy:

http://bit.ly/cECcNE

5 posts
1 review
3. Re: Boarding Italo at Mestre with Booking from Santa Lucia

Thanks guys. For future reference, I also ended up talking to the agent at Italo's office inside Venice SL station, who confirmed that boarding at Mestre would be okay.

4. Re: Boarding Italo at Mestre with Booking from Santa Lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2017, 16:16