We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local bus transport around Cortina in summer

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Local bus transport around Cortina in summer

Can anyone tell me where and how to access local summer bus timetables for buses out from the central bus station to the Falzarego, Giau passes and Auronzo hutte? I am organising a hiking trip and need to know those details. Thanks.

Prescott, Arizona
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local bus transport around Cortina in summer

Hi Lisadian,

Did you ever find out? We are bussing in to Cortina (leaving things in a locker) and hiking from Rifugio Lagazuoi, south. We'd like to hike 4 days and possibly catch some kind of transportation from Passo Duran back to Cortina, but can't seem to find anything. Do you know anything about bus transportation on the southern end of Alta Via 1? We haven't booked anything past Lagazuoi yet...

Mentioned in this post
Rifugio Lagazuoi
Rifugio Lagazuoi
574 Reviews
Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy
Lagazuoi
Lagazuoi
185 Reviews
Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local bus transport around Cortina in summer

No I still don't have the information. However, I actually rang the Tourist Information Office at around the time I posted my query on this site. They told me that the summer schedules would not be available till late spring (I guess about now). I think if you emailled them you would get a reply. Or phone them. I have the advantage that I know from past trips that there is reasonably good service to Passo Falzarego (for Lagazuoi). There is a bus also goes through Passo Giao towards Cortina at around 16.00 - 17.00, but I don't know where it starts. I dont know the route you mention. Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Passo Falzarego
Passo Falzarego
152 Reviews
Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy
Lagazuoi
Lagazuoi
185 Reviews
Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy
Prescott, Arizona
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local bus transport around Cortina in summer

Thank you! That is very helpful. Have a wonderful trip!

4. Re: Local bus transport around Cortina in summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2017, 15:17