We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

via ferrata and booking refugios - July/Aug

1 post
via ferrata and booking refugios - July/Aug

HI, and thanks for your help.

My parter and I are planning 7-9 days in the region and wish to hike and complete some via ferrata, staying at refugios along the way.

1. Any suggestions of good itineraries?

2. How far ahead does one have to book accommodation?

3. Is it possible to hire helmets/harnesses/via ferrata gear nearby, or is it advisable to bring ones own?

4. How does transport work in the region? We will be coming from Frankfurt, most likely without car.

Very keen to get booked and organised so that we can begin the pleasure of anticipation!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: via ferrata and booking refugios - July/Aug

Check the website www.guidedolomiti.com/en/mountain-huts/

It has a very complete listing of Huttes with their telephone numbers and email addresses. My two favourite areas are around Cortina and also Val Gardena. I do recommend booking as otherwise there is no means of knowing whether a hut can accomodate you untill you actually get there. I am planning a Cortina based trip in September for five of us and this week I have booked Zigmondy-Comici, Dreizinnen/locatelli and Lagazoui, as they are in fabulous locations with good walks and ferrate within easy reach. There is a good local bus service out of Cortina which gets close to the main locations. Transport from the north is a bit tricky but you can probably get advice about that on other sites, including the Cortina Information Office. We will go from Venice airport on the very convenient Cortina Express. Val Gardena is also my favourite and can be reached from the north by train to Bolzano via Innsbruck the local bus to Ortesei or Selva.

2. Re: via ferrata and booking refugios - July/Aug

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2017, 16:17