We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arezzo to Venice by train

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Arezzo to Venice by train

We will be staying near Arezzo and want to know if getting a train or bus could be done as a day trip to Venice is a possibility.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arezzo to Venice by train

That's a pretty long way for a day trip. The train would take about 4 hours, I think. Maybe a bit less if you can get a direct train - there might be a few, but mostly I would think you'd have to change in Florence. It depends - I suppose it is do-able, if you fancy getting a REALLY early train and getting back really late - but that only works if you have a way of getting to the train station in Arezzo (taxi?). I wouldn't do it myself, though - it sounds pretty stressful and exhausting to me! Not sure about buses, but I would think they'd take a while as well!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arezzo to Venice by train

Thanks Vicki...I think u r right.. we decided to stay in Venice just for one night, cos thats all we can spare..luckily I have been there before...thanks again for the help.

Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Arezzo to Venice by train

Did you travel by train from Arezzo to Venice? If so, where did buy your tickets and how was the trip?