We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paignton Travelodge Parking Issues

Silverton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
215 reviews
Paignton Travelodge Parking Issues

I have had issues since I stayed at The Travelodge in Paignton as have been given a £100 parking charge. Not because I had not paid for my ticket but I'd entered one letter wrong of my registration in machine and didn't realise and displayed ticket .Has anyone else had this experience. I did not mention this in my review as received parking charge after I'd reviewed the hotel

2 replies to this topic
Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
897 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Paignton Travelodge Parking Issues

Assuming its a private parking operator, they will find it very hard to enforce this penalty were you to decide not to pay. Also, if it were to get to court (unlikely!), they would have to demonstrate why you making one typing error cost them so much they'd have to charge you £100. Had you not had a ticket they may have had a small chance of getting you to pay, but I believe any judge / magistrate would see this as a complete waste of their time and decide in your favour.

Alternatively, you may wish to put a message on twitter (make sure you include @TravelodgeUK) asking them what sort of customer service they call this. Bet that within no time they get into action and get it written off.......

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
632 posts
116 reviews
2. Re: Paignton Travelodge Parking Issues

I would be interested which parking company has raised the £100 parking charge. As last post said if its a private operator , advice is to ignore . They can only INVOICE (notice that isn't FINE) Do not pay the £100 and do not respond to them. They will send you a couple of letters trying to scare you and then stop.

See Martin Lewis - Money Saving Expert.

Hope you enjoyed your visit to Paignton, there are many excellent hotels that offer free parking.

Reply to: Paignton Travelodge Parking Issues
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paignton