We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Bus info

Port Talbot, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Help Bus info

Hi we will be staying in Widdicombe farm Compton soon and was wondering if you can get a local bus from there to Paington, Torquay etc and is there a weekly bus ticket you can buy to get around?

Dont know what parking charges are like so looking at cheapest ways to get around

Any info please?

20 replies to this topic
Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
891 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Bus info

Forgive me for stating the obvious JagsWales, but have you asked the kind people at the farm you are staying? Surely they are best positioned to answer?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
61,198 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Bus info

Google maps might show the nearest buss tops, from which you could then go the appropriate website for the timetables and route maps.

Port Talbot, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Bus info

No not there yet but will ask when we get there thanks.

Port Talbot, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Bus info

No not there yet but will ask when we get there thanks.

Port Talbot, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Bus info

Thankyou both

Level Contributor
351 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help Bus info

Hi .. from their website, this mentions bus stops, service, etc. http://www.widdicombefarm.co.uk/access.php

Port Talbot, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help Bus info

Aw thanks for that i didnt even notice it on there such a drip am i cheers.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help Bus info

I'm afraid that if you are reliant on public transport then I think that you might have picked the wrong camp site !

The site is situated on a busy dual carriageway and despite what the Widdicombe Farm website suggests, I do not think that there is a bus stop outside it. The nearest bus stop appears to be in Marldon village which looks to be at least a mile away cross country.

However there could be some local arrangement that we don't know about so the suggestion in the first reply is probably the best - email the site and ask them because they must have been asked this question before. However, when you get the answer, please come back and tell us what it is so that we can advise others in the future.

Phil-the-bus

Edited: 07 July 2015, 18:38
Port Talbot, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help Bus info

Ok thanks Phil will do it now cheers Julie.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,621 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help Bus info

I actually found that information a bit misleading. It implies that the bus stop is right outside entrance to the camp on the main A380 Hellevoetsluis Way. However this is a fast dual-carriageway by-pass and traveline shows buses operating non-stop over this section. The nearest bus stops are actually in the village of Marldon, at Vicarage Hill or Vicarage Road.

There are three bus routes serving Marldon - Stagecoach 66 and 66b which link up Totnes, the outer suburbs of Paignton and Torquay, and Newton Abbot - these buses do not go into the centre of Torquay and Paignton. The third route is Local Link 67/67b, which links Torbay Hospital with Paignton and Brixham. All these routes are infrequent and have irregular timetables as they have to cater for a number of different travel needs, so you need to study the timetables carefully.

An all-day Torbay Dayrider is £4.90, a 7-day ticket is £17.50. This covers bus travel throughout Torbay, and as far out as Totnes, Newton Abbot, Teignmouth and Dawlish Warren. Tickets are issued and accepted on both Stagecoach and Local Link services.

Parking in Torbay Council car parks is £8 for 24 hours. You can also buy 3-day permits for £20 and 7-day permits for £33 from the Visitor Information Centre by Torquay Harbour, or by applying online in advance. All permits allow parking in all Torbay Council car parks during their period of validity, except the Lower Union Lane and Harbour car parks in Torquay town centre as these are pay-on-exit.

Stagecoach Bus information: www.stagecoachbus.com/localdefault.aspx?Tag=South+Devon

Local Link bus information: www.localbustorbay.com

Torbay Council car parks: torbay.gov.uk/index/…carparks.htm

Edited: 07 July 2015, 18:57
Reply to: Help Bus info
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paignton