We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Bristol
Level Contributor
697 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Hi all

Hubby and I are staying at the Premier Inn Goodrington at the beginning of April and tend to prefer not to eat in the restaurants attached. Any recommendations for nearby bars and decent reasonably priced food please?

Thanks in advance.

Zoe

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Hi

Short answer is there aren't any! Other than the on-site pub, you will have to drive into Paignton itself,or better still Torquay, where you will find, pubs and restaurants aplenty. Try this:www.eatoutdevon.com it may help.

Edited: 07 February 2012, 09:31
Bristol
Level Contributor
697 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Thanks for the reply. Could we walk into Paignton?

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Hi

Yes it is walkable, providing you're fit! The only problem you are likely to encounter is there is a private railway line ( Paignton to Kingswear Steam Train) I'm not 100% where the crossings all are, but the distance is not too great, might want to take a taxi back again! There is a pub on the main road in Goodrington, which advertises food, but can't recommend as I've never eaten there. We have a holiday home in Brixham, so are regular visitors to the area, if you need any further help, just ask.

Bristol
Level Contributor
697 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Thanks very much. Shall have to look out for that steam train after a couple of drinks!;-)

Anywhere in Paignton you would recommend for food and/or drinks?

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

For cheap and cheerful there are two Weatherspoon pubs in the town, which are o.k. for what you pay. I have to be honest and admit I don't really care for Paignton too much, so we don't tend to eat out there at all. If you have a car, Totnes has some nice eating places, The Royal Seven Stars Hotel, Waterside Bistro is good as is The Steam Packet Inn. We have also eaten at the Blagdon Inn on the Totnes Road. The Sea Trout Inn at Staverton is really nice, but a little on the pricey side.

If you do have a car, be sure to visit Dartmouth, via the car ferry - there you really will be spoilt for choice for good pubs and restaurants!

Have fun!

Bristol
Level Contributor
697 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Hi

Thanks again for the quick response. We have been to Dartmouth quite a bit and love it there. I managed to get a free night at the Premier Inn at Goodrington so we were just hoping to be able to walk out on that night and find somewhere reasonable without having to drive really.

If anyone else can give me any ideas for places to eat in Paignton, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks.

Zoe

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

The weary ploughman is good, this is on the main road to Brixham so opposite direction to Paignton. But, as said above, there isn't anything in easy walking distance.

If you do decide to walk into Paignton you won't have any problem getting over the railway line at all. But it is quite a walk as you are quite a long way back away from the sea road - you are on the ring road. I personally wouldn't recommend walking in.

Bristol
Level Contributor
697 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Have just found the Waterside Inn in Goodrington which has 4 stars on here and looks within walking distance. Anyone eaten there?

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

This is the pub I mentioned on the main road - it does have some mixed reviews on T.A, but may be worth a look at as it's nearby.

Bristol
Level Contributor
697 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Thanks again.

Get answers to your questions about Paignton