We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weymouth NYE 2014 - Any tips ??

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
Weymouth NYE 2014 - Any tips ??

HI,

We are 2 couples in our early 30s looking for something different to do on New Years Eve and was thinking of Dublin but way to £££ and have stumbled across Weymouth Fancy Dress NYE which seems right up our street.. Can anyone give me any advice or where to stay ? where to go etc ????

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Weymouth
Weymouth
Dorset, UK
Bay View Hotel Weymouth
Bay View Hotel Weymouth
#1 of 23 hotels in Weymouth
The Abbey House
The Abbey House
#1 of 4 hotels in Abbotsbury
The Somerset House Hotel
The Somerset House Hotel
#3 of 23 hotels in Weymouth
Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weymouth NYE 2014 - Any tips ??

Weymouth isn't too bad, if you want somewhere cheap I'd recommend Bournemouth as it's got more of a variety hotel-wise, 5 times the amount of clubs and bars than Weymouth, a beautiful beach. From experience myself I've found most places in Bournemouth stay open later and several clubs do drinks for £1 (although New Years will be different I can imagine). Weymouth is still okay but you'll be very limited to clubs, the hotels and B&B's are okay but I can't guarantee they're any good as I live in Weymouth, only stayed in Bournemouth for all nighters. Hope you guys can find some good deals :)

Mentioned in this post
Weymouth
Weymouth
Dorset, UK
Bournemouth
Bournemouth
Dorset, UK
Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weymouth NYE 2014 - Any tips ??

Weymouth has a great new years eve scene, rated one of the best in Europe. Forget Bournemouth, it's got a very pretentious attitude, and nothing particularly special about new years eve.

blog.goeuro.co.uk/new-years-eve-destinations/

If you do decide on Weymouth, it depends on your budget. For "posh B&B", I would look at B+B on the esplanade, you are right in the heart of things, and not far to walk (or stagger) when you have had enough.

For pubs, don't be fooled by the pay parties, they are always pretty empty, most people prefer to stick to the pubs, which open until about 4AM or so. If you prefer to watch the fancy dress, get to one of the Wetherspoons early and grab a seat :-)

Mentioned in this post
Weymouth
Weymouth
Dorset, UK
Europe
Europe
World
Bournemouth
Bournemouth
Dorset, UK
3. Re: Weymouth NYE 2014 - Any tips ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Weymouth
More Weymouth Topics