We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurotunnel Motorcycle Tour

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Eurotunnel Motorcycle Tour

Hi all,

I wanted to find out about a few things in regards to my tour in June.

I will be travelling by motorcycle for a month whereby lots of the trip will see wild camping across Europe (Something called the Trans Euro Trail, TET), as such, I will be bringing my Leatherman multi-tool, naturally this has a knife, saw, various other camping implements and tools I would require in case of mechanical failure of my motorcycle.

I'll also be bringing what are called Rotopax, which are cans for carrying fuel/water in. Are these a big no-no or going to cause issues?

(Obviously, I don't intend to travel with the Rotopax filled with fuel on the train)

Thanks all,

Mike

2 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,214 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Eurotunnel Motorcycle Tour

Nothing wrong with taking a Leatherman on the train. I think you'd be best off asking Eurotunnel about the Rotopax.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,752 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Eurotunnel Motorcycle Tour

On M-bike tours I always take the Leatherman (tool) in the panniers.

Sometimes I take a Leathe Man, but he has to be able to ride his own bike!

I used to take the Swiss Army Knife too ('til I lost it in Wadebridge) and all the tools in the normal bike kit.

I have, though, always travelled by ferry, not done Eurotunnel yet. On the ferry you can't take those "sharps" on deck, but you can leave them on the bike.

On Eurotunnel, you stay with the bike. My friends who have done this, have not mentioned any issues.

What does the Eurotunnel website say?

Reply to: Eurotunnel Motorcycle Tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted