We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat & real ale pubs

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat & real ale pubs

In Scarborough for a few days from Thursday and in need of a few suggestions of where to eat and drink - I realise I'm asking somewhat late!

Would prefer to avoid restaurants as I'm travelling solo so mainly looking for cafes or takeaways - nothing too fancy.

In terms of pubs, I do have one pub in mind that is near my hotel (North Riding Brew Pub) but does anyone else have anymore suggestions?

4 replies to this topic
Stanley, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat & real ale pubs

The Dickens pub at end of Huntriss Row serves food and real ale. The Angel had several superb real ales and is the other side of Westborough and close to the North Riding.

Edited: 16 May 2018, 07:07
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
802 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat & real ale pubs

The North Riding has a decent range of its own brews, although sometimes they're a bit flowery and they don't always have a "proper" bitter on tap.

There are several pubs further up the same road (North Marine Road) if you head for town. Indigo Alley always has some decent brews. A wide variety of pubs if you head a bit further into town.

There are a fair few cafes, restaurants and takeaways also on North Marine Road. You'll find it easy to get something to eat there.

If you're having a wander around town, you could try the Hole in the Wall, the Angel, the Alma, the Stumble Inn. And The Lord Rosebery is the local Wetherspoons with a wide range of beers at excellent prices.

North York Moors...
Level Contributor
258 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat & real ale pubs

The Stumble Inn is a small, excellent and friendly real ale pub.

Stanley, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat & real ale pubs

We are at Scarborough a few weeks ago and visited the Hole in the Wall and had excellent beer, but the tenants were moving to Wilson’s, I think, which used to be the Leeds Hotel at the end of that week.

Reply to: Places to eat & real ale pubs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Scarborough