We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wellisford

Which Taunton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Wellisford

I have recently stayed in Somerset at a place I would not recommend to anyone. However I am struggling to find anywhere that allows me to review the place (constructively) to alert people. Interestingly there is no listing for this property on Trip Advisor and other places clearly alert the owner and she stops the review. People deserve to know that all is not as it appears!

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,276 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wellisford

Have you tried contacting TA through the help centre and asking for it to be put on the site?

Quite a number of properties won't have been reviewed before so it needs to be started off.

So sorry you did not have a good time. Hope it hasn't put you off Somerset. Most of us are lovely.........

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wellisford

Oh Somerset was lovely, I wanted to move there after I left. I think the place was (once upon a time) listed on TA as I found a dead end link in google. I suspect the owner removed it. Thank you for your reply.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wellisford

See this link for more help in getting a place listed, YorkshireWildflower:

tripadvisor.co.uk/help/how_to_alert_us_of_an…

Rickmansworth...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wellisford

Was it the Barn?

London, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wellisford

Is this Wellisford Manor Barn? I am considering booking so all details would be very much appreciated ASAP

Rickmansworth...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wellisford

The Barn itself is an excellent conversion and very comfortable. We enjoyed our stay in September, but some areas are (or maybe were, if now fixed) in need of some TLC e,g. annoyingly the feature hot tub wasn't working and was dirty and uninviting. Nor was one shower working , the ice/iced water module in the freezer didn't work and a second one was frozen up. It was very hot when we were there but the sun umbrella was missing. There were several other things, too numerous to list, that needed attention. Nothing major there, but niggling when you pay top price.

We also had to wait weeks to get our deposit back, as it was held to ransom whilst the owner investigated a broken flowerpot, despite our assurances that it wasn't us. It turned out to be the man who repaired the hot tub !

London, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wellisford

Much appreciated. There will be a large group of us so we are likely to be at capacity - will it still be comfortable as I see it says it sleeps 16. Did you use the caterers / any of the activities? Sorry for all the questions, very important that this is a special weekend unless you can recommend any other places you have stayed!

Rickmansworth...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Wellisford

We were 12 including four young children - one in a cot - so we didn't use all of the sleeping accommodation. You would be using every available bed, one of which I think is a bed settee.

Whilst it is very roomy, I think you will find it tight for 16, particularly if you want to eat in together or sit down together and watch TV.

We didn't use the caterers or sports facilities - we barbecued and the local pub did a good meal but you have to book.

This was our first mass family outing, so I am afraid I can't give you any info on alternatives. Good luck!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wellisford

If it is Wellisford Manor Barn (http://wellisfordmanorbarn.com/) that you are looking at I would warn you against booking it. The house itself is nice with an enclosed garden and in a nice country area. I would agree with David H that it could be tight for 16. You wouldn’t fit that many around the table and you would have some people sleeping in the living room which is open plan through to the kitchen. I stayed last year – there were 11 of us, the place was quite dirty, with dust and dirt behind doors and under the island in the kitchen, and it was very cold because we weren’t able to turn the as the heating is controlled from the owner’s house which seem quite ridiculous! We also had an awful experience with the owner who would not answer our calls or texts when we asked her to turn the heating on and who afterwards attempted to keep our £500 deposit due to completely false accusations including a broken pot and dog poo in the garden (we didn’t even bring a dog with us!!) All in all, our experience was very much marred by all this and I couldn’t recommend it as somewhere to stay.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Wellisford

I agree with the above posts about Wellisford Manor Barn. We stayed in December and there place was dirty on arrival ( my sister had to clean up old sick from the en-suite!!) the heating didn't work properly which was a real issue with 2 babies sleeping in freezing cold bedrooms. The owner is a complete nightmare, she was rude and unhelpful when we tried to call her to sort out heating and hot water. To top it all off we only received our deposit back on Thursday after threatening legal action!! I would strongly advise finding somewhere else to stay!!

Such a shame as with some love and care and a new owner this place would be brilliant!

Get answers to your questions about Taunton
Recent Conversations