We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to kongeparken

Which Stavanger hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to kongeparken

We will be in Stavanger in Sept on a Sunday the last weekend the theme park is open. We will be on a cruise that arrives at 9 and leaves at 6. We would like to go to the park with our 11 year old but do not know if there is a way to get back in time for our departure, I understand there is a free shuttlebus but it leaves too late. Is there any form of public transprt to Kongeparken- the website only has its first page in English! Thaks o lot- Jennie

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
22,159 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to kongeparken

Timetable

www.kolumbus.no/downloadfile.php…

Translation by google translate:

Directions

Take bus number 23 from Sandnes bus terminal, track 15, in the direction Ålgård.

Get off at the bus stop Opstadvegen (Gjesdal).

Go over the bridge and you will soon see the amusement on your right.

It's about six minutes walk from the bus stop to the amusement.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
9,141 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to kongeparken

Open web pages in Chrome browser on a PC or MAC and you should be offered a translation of the whole page. Easier than using Google translate bit by bit.

Public transport recommended by Kongeparken: www.kolumbus.no/index.php?c=9&kat=English at least they have an English version.

Try their travel planner - If I'm reading correctly on 15th September it seems to go every two hours, one change and takes about 1 hour - you'd have to leave at 15:00!

Given that you arrive probably too late for Kongenparkens bus at 9:15 and would have to take the 11:15 bus (public transport doesn't start any earlier) - looks like a lot of hassle and expense for 3 hours at the park, so I guess the only realistic option would be a taxi, but the cost would be something over NOK 800 each way!

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to kongeparken

If you are coming all the way from Oz to visit Stavanger for one day in your life, I would recommend staying in Stavanger to enjoy what the city has to offer even though you are traveling with your young son. Look at www.visitstavanger.com

I would put Old Stavanger on my list and a visit to the Petroleum Museum as a start.

Matmagasinet just got voted as the best lunch option in town, easy to get to from Old Stavanger. In fact all of the city center is walkable. http://www.matmagasinet.no/

Stavanger
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to kongeparken

Hello Jennie,

We wil be very happy to welcome you to our Theme Park Kongeparken on a visit when you arrive in Stavanger on September 15th. Kongeparken is sited at Ålgård, about 25 km's from where your cruise ship arrives. To get here you have different alternatives:

1. To travel from the sentral bus station in Stavanger and to Sandnes by train or by bus, and then bus no 23 from Sandnes to Ålgård.

2. To travel from the corner by the sentral bus station in Stavanger by the Kongeparken bus, leaving Stavanger either at 09:15 or at 11:15. It is a free bus taking you all the way to our entrance. The return will be from Kongeparken at 17:15.

3. You can take the "Nor-Way Bussekspress" leaving from the sentral bus station in Stavanger at 10:30. The return from Ålgård by that bus will be at 14:20.

I hope that you will enjoy your vacation in Norway, and that you will have the oportunity to visit us during your visit in Stavanger.

Kindest regards,

Eli Godeseth • Chief of staff - Kongeparken

5. Re: Transport to kongeparken

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 14:16