We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

half or one day in Stavnger, what are the must seen ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
half or one day in Stavnger, what are the must seen ?

hi,

I don't have much time in Stavanger, I will sure go to " Sverd i fjell " but other than that where I could go to use the best of my time ?

is it better to go to " Sverd i fjell " at night because the enlight it at night with lights ?

6 replies to this topic
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
33,285 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: half or one day in Stavnger, what are the must seen ?

Start with the tourist office pages please - and the tabs above on what to see and do. And how about reading a guide book ?

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,628 posts
108 reviews
2. Re: half or one day in Stavnger, what are the must seen ?

Rødne Fjord Cruise, Old Stavanger, Flor og Fjære

https://florogfjare.no/

https://rodne.no/en/fjordcruise/…

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
815 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: half or one day in Stavnger, what are the must seen ?

I really can't believe how unhelpful some of you Norway experts are! Of course the OP can read a guidebook- he wants people's personal perspectives,which is the great thing about this Forum.

Luckily the majority of members on TA are only to happy to offer advice!

Eve

Oslo
Level Contributor
17,404 posts
94 reviews
4. Re: half or one day in Stavnger, what are the must seen ?

EveGlos: Now you are unfair. Please see how many posts these contributors have. We are happy to help visitors to Norway, but many ask questions that are easier to find on google or on VisitNorway. Questions like: Tell us what to, what is the best etc are actually difficult to answer and depends on interests and preferences. The OP has already posted several similar questions about Stavanger. Do some homework and ask more specific questions.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: half or one day in Stavnger, what are the must seen ?

Now now Girls, calm down its only a forum 😳

Oslo
Level Contributor
374 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: half or one day in Stavnger, what are the must seen ?

In the city centre you should visit the old part of the city on both sides of Vågen (especially Gamle Stavanger on the west bank of Vågen is beautiful). The rest of Stavanger is in my opinion not very interesting. If the weather is nice a boat trip to the islands could be sweet.

Reply to: half or one day in Stavnger, what are the must seen ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted