We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent car from Harstad/ narvik airport or Svolvær

Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Rent car from Harstad/ narvik airport or Svolvær

Hello everyone,

I plan land at Harstad airport at 10:15 am on Saturday 26th May, hopeful to make it in time for the 11:15 am bus to Svolvær.

I have an option of also renting a car at Harstad airport ( instead of taking the bus ) and drive to Svolvær instead ( from where I start my journey by car into the Lofoten Islands )

My question is, from a scenery / exploration point of view, is there anything worth exploring or driving to during the road journey from Harstad airport to Svolvær ? If there is then I rather rent the car for an additional day starting at Harstad airport ( instead of starting car journey from Svolvær ) then catch the bus.

Awaiting your suggestions.

Thanks in advance

2 replies to this topic
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Rent car from Harstad/ narvik airport or Svolvær

It is a really nice route from EVE to Svolvaer. And Vesteralen has a lot spots and views to offer. Depends on how much time you have.

Also have an eye on price for one-way car rental.

https://visitvesteralen.com/en

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
33,715 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Rent car from Harstad/ narvik airport or Svolvær

Depends on your overall plans - if you plan to return to EVE airport, it makes sense to rent a car from there.

Reply to: Rent car from Harstad/ narvik airport or Svolvær
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted