Greetings, forum advisors! My best friend and I are visiting Norway from 8 to 23 Sep 2018 and would love some suggestions on how many days to spend each in Oslo, Bergen, Lofoten and Tromso in September.
We are 2 ladies in our early 30s and our travel interests are, in this order:
- Landscape & scenery (Northern Lights of course, if it's a possibility)
- mild-moderate adventure in nature (e.g. Trekking (half-day), Kayaking etc.)
- local markets/hangouts
Our draft plan is Oslo (2 nights) , Bergen (3 nights), Lofoten (5 nights), Tromso (6 nights), in that order, with hopes we may be lucky and see Northern Lights in Tromso in Mid-September.
1. Does this time allocation seem about right? Should more/fewer days be given to a destination?
2. Any other destinations we missed that are great for beautiful scenery in Sep?
3. Which destination(s) is car rental most recommended? Or perhaps a Hurtigruten cruise from port-to-port. We've heard so much about those!
Everything is flexible currently as only airtickets have been booked. Therefore please comment freely, and we really appreciate it, as everything can be changed still.
Grateful for all advice, thank you!!