I originally came up with this itinerary
Since then it has been revised multiple times. The final trip looks like this:
Day 1: Arrive in Oslo around noon. Drive to Hotel and then go for sightseeing (2-3 places?)
Day 2: Drive to Langfossen (~350 kms)
Day 3: Drive to Flam with stopover @ Voringfossen (~ 280 kms)
Day 4: @Flam: Railway, Boat trip (may visit Laerdal Tunnel, if time permits)
Day 5: Travel to Loen (~ 200 kms)
Day 6: @Loen: Skylift and drive around adjacent area [May do personal chores like laundry?]
Day 7: Travel to Alesund and drive around (~ 265 kms)
Day 8: Drive to Eidsdal via Hellesylt-Geiranger ferry, Dalsnibba (~ 145 kms)
Day 9: @Eidsdal: Visit Tafjord ( ~ 50 kms) ==> what else? Any boat trips?
Day 10: To Andalsnes via Trollstigen ( ~ 62 kms)
Day 11: @Andalsnes: Atlantic Ocean Road to Kristiansund and back (~ 260 kms)
Day 12: Drive to Lillehammer (~ 260 kms)
Day 13: @Lillehammer: Hunderfossen Familiepark
Day 14: Drive to Hotel in Oslo Gardermoon for overnight stay (~ 150 kms)
Day 15: Depart
1) First day has longest distance as that's when we've most stamina and energy. Apart from that which other day looks tight?
2) What can we do in half day in Oslo? Any area that's also has accessible parking... a tall order.
3) Days # 4, 6, 9, 10 and 13 seems to have time availability to do more. What else can be done? NOTE: I generally keep a less busy day after every 4-5 days for taking rest and recharging.
4) On Day #7, I am going north then coming back down on Day #8 only go back again on Day 9. I wish I could have done earlier but that's the price of planning from afar when you are trying to do as much as you can with limited no of days.
5) Any general comment on say best supermarkets