We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving a motorhome, where to stay at nights

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Driving a motorhome, where to stay at nights

Hi,

I'm from Canada, and I'll drive in June and will make a loop around the Norway.

I was wondering if someone gives me information about where I can park my motorhome at nights?

1-where I can park my motorhomes at nights ? can I park it in the cities or anywhere which is not private property ? and should I pay any fee ?

2- is there any map or particular GPS locations I can download which shows the parking places for Motorhomes?

3-how about just for few hours during day for shopping and else ? can I drive and Park my motorhome like a regular car during a day in cities, pay the ticket and go for shopping or sightseeing and come back or it is illegal to park in the streets for few hours ( not over nights, just for few hours as regular car )

4- any other info which might help me ?

2 replies to this topic
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
33,276 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Driving a motorhome, where to stay at nights

You stay at dessignated motorhome rest areas or campings. Motorhomes are too large for parking garages, you do public transport into cities.

I believe there are dessignated forums for motorhome travel - do a google search.

Oslo
Level Contributor
17,407 posts
94 reviews
2. Re: Driving a motorhome, where to stay at nights

3: Street parking is fine if you can keep within marked space. If wider than 2.5 meters I dont you can park on street. If very long perhaps you need double space.

Reply to: Driving a motorhome, where to stay at nights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted