We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

District 2, 3, 4, 8

vancouver
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
District 2, 3, 4, 8

Hello,

Looking for thoughts on staying in districts 2, 3, 4, 8. Found apartments in all. Size, price, proximity to bus/subway/city centre all similar. Trying to figure out which would be best area to stay in - someplace we can walk out the door and check out the local neighbourhood

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: District 2, 3, 4, 8

You need to state exact addresses in order to receive authentic assessments. Most districts - especially the 2nd - have many faces. The 2nd, which is named Leopoldstadt and the one where I live, has gorgeous areas and awful parts.

vancouver
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: District 2, 3, 4, 8

District 3: Juchgasse 18

District 4: Phorusgasse 14

District 2: Praterstrasse 47

District 8: Schlosselgasse 13/18

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: District 2, 3, 4, 8

Phorusgasse is in a nice quiet part of the 04th district and you will find all possible shops on Wiedner Hauptstrasse. There is a bakery at the corner, a post office, a drugstore, bank and a supermarket within 5 minutes walking

You can reach the first district with the trams 1, 62 and Badner Bahn

With the bus 13A you can reach on one side Belvedere on the other side a Pilgrambrücke change to the U4 for the city and Schloß Schoenbrunn

The U1 can be reached by walking 10 minutes

Edited: 10 March 2011, 05:15
vancouver
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: District 2, 3, 4, 8

Thanks. I think we have narrowed down to district 3 or 8 (addresses noted above). Any comments on these 2 areas?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: District 2, 3, 4, 8

I am frankly a fan of the Northern part of the 3rd district which has very nice streets and lanes. I cannot recall Juchgasse right now but the part where it's located is nice. You'd be close to Arenbergpark and Landstrasser Hauptstrasse, a main and partly busy street there with shops and cafes. Unfortunately there is no subway station in the vicinity of the place but metrobus #74A quickly takes you to Wien Mitte Interchange where subway lines U3 and U4 stop. From there it is also close to Stadtpark and the city center.

Edited: 10 March 2011, 06:34
Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: District 2, 3, 4, 8

Juchgasse is just opposite an hospital and your direct connection there is only the bus to reach the U3 which brings you to the city center

The appartment in the 08th district Schlösselgasse is much easier to reach and you can walk to the U2

Edited: 10 March 2011, 06:40
vancouver
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: District 2, 3, 4, 8

Is kardinal nagl platz a walkable distance to the address in district 3? Isn't that the U-bahn line?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: District 2, 3, 4, 8

Basically yes but the time you'd lose could already been spent on metrobus #74A. In the end it depends on where you go or come from. You could also take #74A to the next inbound station, namely U3 Rochusgasse and transfer there to U3. I would also depend the issue on the quality of the apartment you intend to rent. What does it bring to be in a gorgeous neighborhood but the apartment chosen is pathetic. FInding a decent accommodation is always a challenge in every city. It took me always plenty of time to find "perfect" places abroad that are reasonably priced, well-located and have good PT access.

Edited: 10 March 2011, 09:08
9. Re: District 2, 3, 4, 8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 17:16