We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Panoramic Bus Tour

Kanpur, India
Level Contributor
257 posts
171 reviews
Night Panoramic Bus Tour

Hi there

I find the city of Vienna extremely beautiful in pictures and wonder how would it look during the evenings in all its grandeur and glamour. However in the Big Bus tours it is nowhere mentioned that I can buy a separate ticket for the night tour only that starts from the state opera.

Is there anyway I can do that without any compulsion of buying their premium or deluxe packages.

Or are there some other bus services too selling these tours?

Thank you so much in advance.

10 replies to this topic
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,442 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: Night Panoramic Bus Tour

You can see virtually all the illuminated buildings just walking!

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
129 reviews
2. Re: Night Panoramic Bus Tour

Or, take trams 1 and 2 around the ring.

1 post
3. Re: Night Panoramic Bus Tour

Hello, do you know what time does the night tour start and the last bus start time?

Kanpur, India
Level Contributor
257 posts
171 reviews
4. Re: Night Panoramic Bus Tour

Thank you Norman and Kimbux

Can I presume that there are no such services available in the city other than Big Bus that offers such night tours only for its premium buyers.

Dear Norman walking I find is not practical as we wouldn't know where to go and what to see and it will be definitely tiring if we walk... and for how many miles? Also such a night bus tour gives at a glance approach to any city isn't it. Like they have in London and Paris I thought Vienna too must have such a night attraction but alas! !

Since I am travelling with my parents over 70 years in age walking will be a concern.

I will see if I can avail the trams as suggested by Kimbux "IF" that is the only option.

Thank you anyway.

Regards.

Edited: 16 May 2018, 18:49
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Night Panoramic Bus Tour

Most illuminated buildings are on the Ringstraße, specifically the bit from the opera to the university. This is a distance of about one mile.

Alternatively, take KimBux advice and use trams 1 and 2. This will give you a Ringstraße tour for the price of public transport ticket (unless you plan to buy a transport pass).

Using the trams is as easy as falling off a log. Viennese public transport generally adheres to a very high standard.

You need to realize that a tour of the kind you are looking for will be geared towards tourists and therefore, in all probability, have an English-language website. There are no secret night bus tours us locals try to keep secret from visitors. This is one of the things that, if you cannot find it yourself, doesn't exist.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
46 reviews
6. Re: Night Panoramic Bus Tour

As Vienna is a city very much geared towards pedestrians, you will need to find a city map and use trams and the U-bahn to make the most of your stay. Vienna is compact city, and just exploring the centre on foot will not be very strenuous.

The tour buses are not allowed into the central area inside Ringstrasse so will not offer anything which you cannot see from the tram.

Even Schönbrunn is easy to reach with the U-bahn, and there is a mini-train which will take you round the gardens if you wish to explore outside the palace.

Edited: 16 May 2018, 19:32
Kanpur, India
Level Contributor
257 posts
171 reviews
7. Re: Night Panoramic Bus Tour

Thanks much Neapolitano and Stefan.

Perhaps this covers all my questions and covers the second half of the reply given by Kimbux

I will certainly opt for the trams 1 and 2.

We are reaching there on 29th July and for the next 3 days will avail the public transport pass. So in the evening of 29th we would do these trams.

Any suggestions from the experts on this?

Thank you once again.

Regards

Edited: 16 May 2018, 23:07
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,442 posts
104 reviews
8. Re: Night Panoramic Bus Tour

On doing the trams?

Kanpur, India
Level Contributor
257 posts
171 reviews
9. Re: Night Panoramic Bus Tour

Dear Norman

Suggestions on my plan 😊

Thank you

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,442 posts
104 reviews
10. Re: Night Panoramic Bus Tour

Alight on one tram at either Opera stop or Schwedenplatz stop and change to the other tram at the other stop!

Reply to: Night Panoramic Bus Tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted