We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Debating Segway tour in Vienna or Budapest?

Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
614 posts
170 reviews
Debating Segway tour in Vienna or Budapest?

Do you have an opinion or advice as to where this adventurous mode of exploring would be best? We only want to do one Segway and can’t decide.....please help :-) Thanks

17 replies to this topic
Vienna
Level Contributor
6,644 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Debating Segway tour in Vienna or Budapest?

How can anybody decide your holiday activities ?

Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
614 posts
170 reviews
2. Re: Debating Segway tour in Vienna or Budapest?

We want to do a Segway tour in one spot and would like advice on best place for a Segway? You live in Vienna, your opinion counts in my planning hence why I ask. Some cities are not the safest and have more crowds or bumpy roads. With only 2 days In each spot I’m looking for advice. Thanks for any reply :-)

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,180 posts
104 reviews
3. Re: Debating Segway tour in Vienna or Budapest?

I doubt you’ll find anyone who can directly compare them, but the Vienna ones seem popular.

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
129 reviews
4. Re: Debating Segway tour in Vienna or Budapest?

When will you be in Vienna? That might help with a response......

Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
614 posts
170 reviews
5. Re: Debating Segway tour in Vienna or Budapest?

June, and thank you!

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
129 reviews
6. Re: Debating Segway tour in Vienna or Budapest?

June is prime tourist season so the city will be crowded. I reviewed the Segway tour description on Viator and it looks like you don't go through the pedestrian area - only around the ring and through some parks. Regardless, places on the ring will be busy / crowded with tourist groups especially near the Museums and Rathaus. The tour lasts 3 hours and costs $100.00 USD or 85 Euros. In my opinion, since you only have 2 days in Vienna, it's not worth the time or the money.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Debating Segway tour in Vienna or Budapest?

I think it would be much more pleasant by bike or foot. I see those folks on the Segways and think they look like they’ve been suckered.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
31,071 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Debating Segway tour in Vienna or Budapest?

They've been banned in Prague because they were an antisocial nuisance. I'm surprised the authorities in Vienna and Budapest haven't followed suit.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,180 posts
104 reviews
9. Re: Debating Segway tour in Vienna or Budapest?

I have seen them in central Vienna, but have always failed to see the point in such a walkable city. If you just fancy trying a Segway use the ones at the Prater Park - a much better place for them!

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
12 reviews
10. Re: Debating Segway tour in Vienna or Budapest?

If you want to try a Segway, take Norman's advice and do it in Prater. The Segway tours are a bit of nuisance because they insert one mode of transport into an environment geared towards other modes (namely, walking and cycling).

Reply to: Debating Segway tour in Vienna or Budapest?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted