We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advance tickets for State Opera in September

Williamsburg, Va
Level Contributor
257 posts
12 reviews
Advance tickets for State Opera in September

On April 19, the day the Fall schedule came out, we put in an order for 2 tickets to see Don Pasquale on Sept. 29. We opted for tickets in the 71-130 euro range with some conditions. Thus far, we have not received an allocation. Should we be concerned?

Are we to assume that there are no seats available at our desired price range at this time? Should we expand the price range we would be willing to accept, or should we just be patient and see what happens? I am just a bit surprised that there would be no tickets left, as we did the advance order on the day the fall schedule came out. Also, I gave the last day of allocation as Sept 27. Wondering if I should change that to July 29 so that we could then purchase tickets (if any available) when they go on sale. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
194 reviews
1. Re: Advance tickets for State Opera in September

Wait for two more weeks. If you haven't heard from them by then, try adjusting the seating categories. On May 29th, remainig tickets for September 29th go on sale online. You can then see and pick the remainig seats on a seating chart online. If you can get some that way on 29th (9am Vienna time), then cancel the unfilled order to avoid double allocation.

Williamsburg, Va
Level Contributor
257 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Advance tickets for State Opera in September

I thought tickets didn't go on sale until 2 months before the performance?

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,441 posts
104 reviews
3. Re: Advance tickets for State Opera in September

Yes, but as they close July and August it’s effectively two months!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40,382 posts
660 reviews
4. Re: Advance tickets for State Opera in September

Did you end up paying now or are you waiting to pay for the tickets?

Reply to: Advance tickets for State Opera in September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted