We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whether to buy Vienna City Card, Vienna Pass or neither

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
193 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Whether to buy Vienna City Card, Vienna Pass or neither

Hello

Just arrived Vienna and wondering if I should buy a pass. If so, which one?

There are many things I would like to see. I appreciate the idea of skipping lines and saving money across the sites but I am wondering if it is worth it. The 6 day pass with Vienna pass seems to make the most sense for me but it is 155 Euro. Will it pay off? I do not plan to use hop on hop off bus. Realistically, I can’t imagine I will get to more than 12 sites as I also want to explore neighborhoods and general city vibe. Please advise me as to whether you think it will be worth the money or not. Thank you

2 replies to this topic
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,705 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whether to buy Vienna City Card, Vienna Pass or neither

The six day pass is the best value in my opinion. Being over six days you can get your money’s worth without rushing around like a maniac. Would it be worth it for your “12” sights? The only way to know that is to add up the 12 individual admission prices and see how it compares. With due respect that’s something you will have to spend time doing rather than me! Queues are generally only a problem at Schönbrunn, but you can beat those by going early or late in the day, buying a ticket online or buying a Sísifo ticket at the Hofburg where queues are generally quite short.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,025 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whether to buy Vienna City Card, Vienna Pass or neither

If you intend to do some "intense sightseeing", then a purchase of any pass, but in particular the 6-day pass, will pay off. The 1-day pass sounds less compelling though.

Reply to: Whether to buy Vienna City Card, Vienna Pass or neither
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted