We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Paris Disneyland to Innsbruck

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Train Paris Disneyland to Innsbruck

Hi

I'm looking at options of getting from Paris Disneyland to Innsbruck - however there are no direct flights from Paris to Innsbruck, so I am contemplating flying from Paris to Munich and then train/shuttle to Innsbruck; or fly from Paris to Zurich and then train.

I am also wondering if it is possible to get a train from Paris Disneyland to Innsbruck and where I go to book these tickets? I tried oebb.at however it looks like a ticket is only valid for part of the journey?

Any advice much appreciated. Also, do you think it would be better to train from Munich Airport or Zurich Airport? Thank you.

Best Seller
The Original Sound of Music Tour in...
2,255 Reviews
from USD 52.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Schönbrunn Palace Evening: Palace...
685 Reviews
from USD 111.30*
Melk Abbey and Danube Valley Day Trip...
1,205 Reviews
from USD 92.60*
3 replies to this topic
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,699 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Train Paris Disneyland to Innsbruck

It is probably better, or even best, if you took the train to Innsbruck via Zurich, because flying to Munich or to Innsbruck via another airport will consume some time too.

Since "through ticketing" is not always possible when you cross different countries, you need to buy your train tickets from French Railways SNCF (Paris > Zurich) and Austrian Railways ÖBB (Zurich > Innsbruck).

https://en.oui.sncf/en/

www.oebb.at/en

You could also check whether Swiss Railways SBB is able to offer you a through ticket, considering that it is the country "in the middle" and thus has a reservation system that can speak with both sides. (I hope this is understandable).

www.sbb.ch

Edited: 21 September 2018, 23:52
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,699 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Train Paris Disneyland to Innsbruck

I just tested the booking page of SNCF and realized that they actually offer tickets throughout Innsbruck.

I would nonetheless check the websites of SNCF and ÖBB, and see whether there might be discounted fares (for the two legs mentioned), which might be cheaper than the through fare offered by SNCF.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
3. Re: Train Paris Disneyland to Innsbruck

Thanks so much for the information Michael, I will check out the prices on the two separate legs to see if it works out better cost wise.

I did also think that we may not save much time from flying by the time we have to get to the airport two hours before check in, baggage claim, and getting to the airport, so I’m leaning towards the train option you have mentioned - it makes complete sense, thank you!

Reply to: Train Paris Disneyland to Innsbruck
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted