We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monaco gp 2018

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Monaco gp 2018

Hi,

My partner and I are coming to Monaco for the gp in 2018. Just a couple of questions so I can plan in advance

1. We are staying in nice. Does the train run all night or do they finish at midnight?

2. What is the pricing for food and alcohol in the gp. For eg, a beer or a hot dog, does anyone have any idea if reasonably priced?

3. We have booked our seats in section N for the sat and section K4 for the sun. Has anybody sat in these areas before and can comment? Are there bars and toilets close by?

Any help appreciated. We are first time travelers to Monaco :)

Mentioned in this post
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
1 reply
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monaco gp 2018

Trains don't run all night but there is a night bus at the weekend.

I can't tell you the price of a hot dog or a slice of pizza. All food is reasonably priced and controlled so you can't buy a can of coke at one stall then find it at half the price a few yards away. The food stalls are run for local charities such as the Boy Scouts and charities for people with disabilities. They are staffed by volunteers and this is their big fundraising opportunity of the year.

The same price control thing applies to programmes, rain ponchos, seat cushions, ear plugs and so on.

There are toilets and food stalls within the enclosures of each stand - once you go in, you can't leave and return to your seat later. You can get beer and soft drinks at the food stalls but I am not sure about other drinks. You can take in your own food but I am not sure if that still applies to drinks - previously you could take drinks as long as no glass was involved but with increased security that might change, so don't take anything you would feel bad about having to throw away.

Reply to: Monaco gp 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted