We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars in Monte Carlo??

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Bars in Monte Carlo??

Anyone know of nice bars go sit and enjoy some drinks??

7 replies to this topic
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
278 reviews
1. Re: Bars in Monte Carlo??

I don’t like to leave a question unanswered shantaylor but this question isn’t helping anyone. Yes we all know bars. What you would consider nice isn’t clear. So help us help you. Otherwise you get the easy answer, which is there are nice bars on every street, take your pick.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
367 posts
162 reviews
2. Re: Bars in Monte Carlo??

I have to agree with Moth. You need to supply us with more details about the type of bar you're looking for?

I may find that spending €150 on a bottle of wine and enjoying some people watching, a relaxing and enjoyable experience...you might find that boring?

Have a great time finding the bar of your choice, but remember, there are NO cheap bars in the Municipality.

Manchester
Level Contributor
68 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Bars in Monte Carlo??

I think it would depend on the time of year and the time of day. We have just returned from Monaco and enjoyed La Rascasse in the port- I’d imagine when the weather gets better they open it up. I was surprised at how reasonable priced it was. For a glass of wine and a bottled beer before 10pm it was €8. Compared to Manchester that’s un heard of! There are also other bars we enjoyed on the front, again (in January) to be very cheap. I’m not sure if the prices increase with the seasons.

Austin, TX
6 posts
4. Re: Bars in Monte Carlo??

As a follow-up to the original poster's question, does anyone know of any pub style bars where beer is available on tap and the atmosphere is a little more relaxing? Somewhere perhaps with lite food, beer, and soccer?

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
278 reviews
5. Re: Bars in Monte Carlo??

There's McCarthys on Rue du Portier, a true Irish pub, and the Brasserie de Monaco or Stars n Bars on the port if your preference is for lager. All have sports on screen. I wouldn’t necessarily call them relaxed though, they all get busy early and stay that way until closing.

Manchester
Level Contributor
68 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: Bars in Monte Carlo??

We loved Stars and Bars very relaxed burger type joint with lots of screens and a central bar you can sit around. We found it very relaxed with customers sitting there with their dogs!!!

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
34 posts
81 reviews
7. Re: Bars in Monte Carlo??

Adding a location here, Gerhald's Cafe in Fontvielle is great and fairly relaxed. Sure it's not a sports bar per se but they have a few TVs and the place is properly busy.

Reply to: Bars in Monte Carlo??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted