We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monaco train station to Monte-Carlo Bay hotel

Extreme Northern CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Monaco train station to Monte-Carlo Bay hotel

What is the easiest way to get from the Monaco train station to the area near the Monte-Carlo Bay hotel? I am a runner and will start a run near this hotel, heading towards Menton and Ventimiglia, along the path bordering the sea. We will be staying in Menton in June and my plan is to take the train into Monaco so that I can start this run there. I know Monaco is small but I'd rather not walk from the train station as I'll be running about 12km. Should I take a taxi? Approximate cost? Thanks in advance for helping me save some steps!

Edited: 19 March 2017, 14:48
5 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,356 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monaco train station to Monte-Carlo Bay hotel

Like every hotel in the civilized world, The Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel has a "How to reach us" section on their web page

Their is a map there that shows the hotel and it's relative position to the Monaco Train Station.

You could walk or take a short taxi ride.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monaco train station to Monte-Carlo Bay hotel

As Datthecoast says.

Or take bus.number 5 from the upper station exit, Pont Ste Devote. Cross the road to the stop opposite. Or bus number 6 from the stop opposite the lower exit, by the port.

Bus 5 is marginally less frequent, the Princesse Antoinette stop for bus 6 somewhat more complicated to get to. In either case, you want the end of the line, the stop called Plages.

Extreme Northern CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monaco train station to Monte-Carlo Bay hotel

Thank you, Moth. Your post contained helpful information. Would a taxi be an option or are taxis quite expensive in Monaco?

Extreme Northern CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monaco train station to Monte-Carlo Bay hotel

datthecoast, I have already reviewed maps, the hotel's website, etc. I know where the hotel is in relation to the train station. (This isn't my first rodeo with travel!). I was asking for more detailed, specific info like what Moth has provided.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monaco train station to Monte-Carlo Bay hotel

It's finding a taxi that's the problem. Mostly you have to telephone from one of the special phones dotted around the place and they don't come quickly for a ride within the Principality. However, one of the few places you do sometimes find them in a rank is in the station at ticket office level, so you could head up through the station and check the rank on your way to the upper exit and bus route 5 if there are no taxis in sight.

Oh, and yes they are quite expensive, but they're expensive all over this part of the world.

Edited: 20 March 2017, 02:54
Reply to: Monaco train station to Monte-Carlo Bay hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Monte-Carlo