We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in the Loire near the castles?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Where to stay in the Loire near the castles?

We will be in the Loire for 2 nights during late July this year and are looking for a place to stay in the area around Chenonceau or Chambord or within a 30 minute drive. Ideally with a pool but will consider something without. As it will be my birthday it would be nice to stay in a chateau or a nice B & B. Our budget is around 100 euro per night or less. I realise a lot of the chateaus are more than this but hopefully we can find one in this price range. Prefer to be in the countryside or within a village or small town. Have been looking on the internet and have found a couple but they are further away than we would like. Any ideas appreciated - thanks!

4 replies to this topic
England, United...
Level Contributor
12,627 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay in the Loire near the castles?

You might find something in Montrichard, a nice town about 12 kms. equidistance from Amboise and Chenonceau.

Montrichard has its own ruined 11th century castle.

Europe
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
150 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay in the Loire near the castles?

Not a true chateau, more of a manor house: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g667013-d663037…

Lots of charm. I stayed here last week and enjoyed it. It's within your budget

Sudbury...
Level Contributor
9,076 posts
1,191 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay in the Loire near the castles?

Check this one, but it might be closed. We had a relatively decent stay there.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1208765-d31832…

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
7,063 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay in the Loire near the castles?

You will find answers if you post on the Loire Valley forum. Loire is a Department about 4 hours drive from Chenonceau.

Reply to: Where to stay in the Loire near the castles?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted