We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian towns near Monte Carlo

san diego
8 posts
Save Topic
Italian towns near Monte Carlo

Hello,

My husband and I are going to be in Monte Carlo for a few days and have 2 free days and one night leaving Monte Carlo and would like to go somewhere within a 2-3 hour train or car drive into Italy.

Does anyone have any suggestions on Italian towns near Monte Carlo and Nice that we could visit?

THanks

lincoln england
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italian towns near Monte Carlo

We are holidaying in Nice and I have asked similar questions.

Have had suggestions of Bordighera and San Remo. Haven't yet got there, but they both look and sound nice by what we can glean from internet.

We did try Ventimiglia, but were not impressed.

We have twice visited Menton, just along the coast from Monte Carlo near the Italian border and certainly recommend it. Don't know when you will be in Monte, but the Lemon Festival begins in Menton on 16th Feb and that will be worth seeing.

Have a wonderful time, whatever you end up seeing.

2. Re: Italian towns near Monte Carlo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 00:17