We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Trip

stockie
Level Contributor
929 posts
72 reviews
My Trip

I have decided to write this little blog as it may answer any questions for those who are new to Paphos.

Airport arrival and departure were both fast and efficient. We flew out on a Thursday and Departure was a Friday so both quiet days. Prices at airport as you expect expensive.

The weather was fantastic around 28 to 32, pools are starting to cool down but were fine once in and I am very nesh. The sea was a different story very warm and refreshing.

Some people ask is Paphos expensive my answer to this is on the whole no and as a little comparison Paphos 2 sunbeds and a parasol 7.50, Menorca 18 euros. Tourist tax Paphos nil Menorca 42 euros for one week.Drink by the harbour 2 small beers and a coke Paphos 6 euros, Menorca 10.

Paphos has some good restaurants to suit all budgets I really like those going towards the Triangle Gabors, Xiang Gong, Les Ami, Happy Island for us did the best steak this time around but that is our opinion and there are still many we have not tried after our many visits.

Breakfast, I am not a big breakfast person so chose the kids breakfast at Tea for Two I got 2 bacon 1 egg and 9 slices of grilled tomato along with toast and marmalade so was very happy with that.

Drinks we went in various bar and my husband was a little dissapointed that some of the bars have stopped doing the draft bitter and serve only cans. Hogshead however have a good selection of quality beers at a reasonable price. We found The First and Last the cheapest for drinks at 2 euro for a can of John Smiths and larger on draft cheaper as was the wine and Bacardi. They also do a good breakfast here foe 4.50 euro with unlimited tea or coffee.

Supermarkets are well stocked and if you stay away from the British brands we found them quite reasonable.

Thew bus service is very good and cheap in Paphos should you want to get about a little but also there are many places of interest within walking distance.

We stayed in a private let at Aphrodite Gardens which was superb as usual and a short walk to the front or the TOKR so best of both world.

Hope this helps any questions just ask.

5 replies to this topic
cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaca, Cyprus
Level Contributor
4,556 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: My Trip

Υou should post this in Top Questions In Trip Reports

East Midlands
Level Contributor
333 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: My Trip

Wills63. Great to read your report. We have enjoyed our previous holidays staying at Aphrodite Gardens in various apartments, all of which have been great. What number apartment did you stay in?

stockie
Level Contributor
929 posts
72 reviews
3. Re: My Trip

Hi Blueskyoverhead we have also stayed in various apartments there this time it was 28. We booked direct with the owner which cut the cost.

East Midlands
Level Contributor
333 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: My Trip

Hi wills63. We haven't stayed in June's apartment - but love Aphrodite Gardens!

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
105 reviews
5. Re: My Trip

Hi loved reading that report especially comparing the prices, we often think about returning to Spain but the cost of sun beds on the beach is rediculous, We haven’t been to Paphos this year, we went to Ayia Napa in May and just got back from Turkey so we need to go back to Paphos next year, Barbara

Reply to: My Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paphos