We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights again !,

Level Contributor
269 posts
23 reviews
Flights again !,

Bit of a dilemma,if I book a apartment first then wait for flights I’m not going to get the best price as they may not fly on the day I have booked (I’ve checked who fly’s on what day )

29 replies to this topic
London U/K
Level Contributor
417 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Flights again !,

If you have checked which airlines travel on what days, what is the dilemma?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,786 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Flights again !,

I don't understand your dilemma and you haven't asked a question.

You haven't given us any information about where you are flying from on either of your posts about flights so we can't comment. If the airline you want doesn't fly on the day you want try another airline or go to a different airport.

You may not get the very best price ever in any event that depends on numerous factors so each time you will get the price you are prepared to pay and pay it, whether it's the best price or not doesn't matter because the next day they could be cheaper or more expensive.

You are not going till August 2019 and as people commented on your other post you are looking too early to secure the best deal - how can you know you have the best deal if several airlines haven't released their schedules yet ?

Sign up to price alerts on flights from Trip Advisor, Sky scanner or Netflights or all three if you think there is a benefit in doing so, although that's questionable.

There comes a point when you need to do a little bit of research yourself - no one else can tell you what the best deal is for you, who the cheapest airline is for you or where airlines fly to and from that is close to you.

An example

I am all for convenience and whilst I like a deal I rarely search more than once on Skyscanner and pick the airline with the lowest price to Paphos from any airport near to me. Then I book direct with the airline.

However, there is someone at my apartment at the moment that wanted the best possible flight price from the North West to Cyprus, not fussed about Paphos or Larnaca or whether they flew from Liverpool or Manchester. They ended up saving £400 by taking a Lufthansa flight from Manchester to Frankfurt and then connecting Frankfurt to Larnaca - their wait time in Frankfurt was 1 hour.

On the downside their journey took longer but on the plus side they saved £400.

Edited: 26 July 2018, 21:55
Level Contributor
269 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Flights again !,

Oo little bit harsh from the above I feel ! I do do a lot of research myself ! I just wondered if any kind person knew the best time to look/book !!

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
4. Re: Flights again !,

Jet 2 flights are available now and have been for ages. I expect we will book August 2019 accomodation and flights in the next week or so.

Flight prices always a lottery, book early or wait.

For us we track the prices as best we can but when we are ready to book we go for it and don't look back.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
922 posts
52 reviews
5. Re: Flights again !,

I never book any accommodation till I’ve booked the flights . When I’ve got them I then look for the hotel(s) . This seems to work best for us although I booked flights for September about a month ago and still have not booked hotels . Our usual favourites are not available and everything seems more expensive than usual!

Here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,786 posts
38 reviews
6. Re: Flights again !,

Why is it harsh to point out that there is no single best time to book - just the time you are happy to book with a price you are prepared to pay.

I also pointed out that there is always a way to find the cheapest possible price available even if it means some inconvenience and to save money if you are prepared to look at various options.

This is a site for advice and opinions and the quality of the answer often depends on the quality of the question - we still don't know where you are flying from ?

Level Contributor
269 posts
23 reviews
7. Re: Flights again !,

Gatwick ,live on the iow so apart from Bournemouth and Southampton that is the closest airport

Here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,786 posts
38 reviews
8. Re: Flights again !,

It's too early to book for August 2019.

Skyscanner isn't even allowing it as an option, although Thomas cook have flights in July 2019 for £286 from Gatwick

5 posts
1 review
9. Re: Flights again !,

We were staying at limnaria gardens this year,june,for 3 wks,we booked an appt while there for next year,sept’19,and i got flights booked with jet2,no one else let me in after June.

I wouldn’t worry if you booked accommodation 1st or flights 1st,you’ll always get accomodation.

Level Contributor
269 posts
23 reviews
10. Re: Flights again !,

That’s where we have booked ,been a couple of times before ,love them

Reply to: Flights again !,
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations