We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favourite Meze / Traditional restaurant

London, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Favourite Meze / Traditional restaurant

What’s everyone’s favourite restaurant for traditional food, or an excellent meze?

Not looking for the cheapest restaurant that has a set menu (my pet hate as find them so poor quality, no offence maybe we’ve been unlucky in the couple we tried)

But a nice restaurant, good Greek food, nice atmosphere... we’re staying just off Poseidonos Avenue near the triangle but happy to walk 20+ mins.

23 replies to this topic
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
47,865 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favourite Meze / Traditional restaurant

There are three pages of replies on this topic with the same subject. Maybe have a look through all of the replies and see if any of them are suitable

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190…

London, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favourite Meze / Traditional restaurant

Thanks for replying. That thread is from 8 years ago so things may have changed. Do you have a recommendation?

I did also search but after reading multiple threads many were for cheap set menu restaurants or very old, like your post. Hopefully nobody minds me asking.

11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Favourite Meze / Traditional restaurant

Try the Mandra Taverna just up the side road past the fountain near where your staying. Penguino cafe bar on the corner. Really nice cocktail bar next to Mandra called Flintstones.

Oxted, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favourite Meze / Traditional restaurant

Nikki,

Do yourself a favour and get a taxi to 7st George in Yeroskipeo!

U won’t regret it although booking maybe advisable!

Best wishes

Paul

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favourite Meze / Traditional restaurant

Our favourite is Argo, only cooks Kleftico on Tues and Sat so you have to book and reserve a Kleftico, also been recommended Les Amis

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favourite Meze / Traditional restaurant

7st George Tavern gets my vote . The only proper Cypriot meze we had in 10 days of very standard uninspiring Greek fare in Paphos - for some reason the restaurants serve chips with everything including a first for me moussaka served with chips but no salad!

Aphrodite Brewery do great food and pizzas and can arrange tours etc beers and cider are good as well.

Both places are sadly out of Paphos so taxi is your only option

stockie
Level Contributor
911 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favourite Meze / Traditional restaurant

Aphrodite Rock brewery is great but it is English and the OP asked for traditional meze.

I would also get the taxi to 7 St Georges .

Argo is ok but it is a cheap and cheerful place IMO.

Happy eating.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favourite Meze / Traditional restaurant

Chips are part and parcel of Cypriot cuisine. The same way that sliced local bread is served instead of pittas.

It isn't Greece.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favourite Meze / Traditional restaurant

Tradional taverna or mezza they asked about,each to there own, and Argo is not cheap and cheerful🍽

London
Level Contributor
68 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favourite Meze / Traditional restaurant

If you have a car (and I appreciate t hat the OP doesn't but others reading this might) then the Araouzos Taverna in Kathikas. An excellent meze with an emphasis on local ingredients. (Their baked halloumi is outstanding and worth the trip alone.)

Reply to: Favourite Meze / Traditional restaurant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted