We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meze for 1 person

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Meze for 1 person

Is there any restaurants that does the mixed meze for one person.

Would love to try it but hubby wouldn't (too fussy with food).

Keep reading about meze for 2 but not noticed meze for one anywhere.

If anyone know's of anywhere please let me know. We will be visiting in June.

Thanks Tracey

10 replies to this topic
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meze for 1 person

Following post....fingers crossed there is because I love a meze and I’m going in July with a fussy eater too! In all the years I’ve been going to Cyprus I’ve never seen a meze for 1 unfortunately.

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meze for 1 person

I hope someone knows of a restaurant that does it. Had meze for one in Greece so It can be done.

Tracey

Paphos
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meze for 1 person

Just tell the restaurant owner manager. They will always make a plan.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meze for 1 person

Where abouts are you staying? I ask this as others might be able too advise on mezze restaurants.

As the Cypriots are extremely friendly hosts, I would maybe find a restaurant and ask if possible do you a portion for one person just as they are very accommodating.

England
Level Contributor
229 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meze for 1 person

Any Cypriot family owned place would sort something out for you, where are you staying?

Edited: 14 May 2018, 07:11
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meze for 1 person

I was in Cyprus for 3 weeks last year and traveled everywhere. The only time I could get mezze for one was in Northern Cyprus - Kyrenia. Numerous times I requested and was refused. It could be that being low season in February and restaurants being fairly empty.

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meze for 1 person

Staying at the Crystallo apartments.

TRACEY

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
822 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meze for 1 person

When you get to the apartments you will quickly make friends and find someone in a similar situation and maybe make up a small group to go to a restaurant. That is the way I have got round that problem.

I hope you find someone to share with, otherwise ask your husband to at least give it a try. There will be quite a few things he would probably enjoy - much to his surprise. The waiter will usually tell you what is in the various dishes. That depends on their knowledge of English. I am allergic to garlic and find that they are

happy to tell me what to avoid or even bring an alternative.

There is a coach company that do an evening trip to Letymbou Village and as you form part of a small group you would be OK.

Near your apartments the Coral Oasis used to be willing to do meze for one. They are just on Coral Bay Road.

Nth Wales
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meze for 1 person

Hi Tracey and you have my sympathy re hubby as a fussy eater . However, mezes often contain ingredients that we would use in Britain and what does he like to eat in general as this could be explained in most restaurants and mezes tailored to the nearest thing he will eat . Suggest looking up restaurants on TA nearest to where you are staying on the map and asking. As said above, the Cypriots are very friendly and accommodating folk who , dare l say, are used to fussy eaters from abroad ! Hopefully you can then eat together as food ultimately is about sharing and if hubby won't have a go l agree with cypriotpal above .

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meze for 1 person

Had today Meze for one person, lovely local small restaurant beside Venus Beach Hotel Pafos it’s called Joanne’s restaurant, probably you will be served by owner. Delicious traditional food there in Paphos

Reply to: Meze for 1 person
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted