We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel chaos

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Travel chaos

We returned from holiday in Paphos on the 9th May flight MT1541 due to leave at 21.20 There was a two hour delay on the flight.

The announcements were disgusting for an airport and hardly understandable or even non existent in some cases.

Coming through Security was chaotic and staff very rude in some cases and wanting to herd people through like cattle

Wden we did find out our gate two flights were called to gate 3 one for Gatwick, which accessed through gate 3 and the other for Manchester at the same time. Two queues formed one for Gatwick and the other for Manchester Neither Que had any idea of what was happening and frustration of people soon became clear.

This has to be the worst airport I have travelled through and hope never to have to repeat on a score of 1 to ten I would rate 0

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
7 replies to this topic
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,831 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel chaos

Did you have a nice holiday ?

Shame that the airport was having a bad day.

I'm always intrigued when people complain about airport announcements because they haven't made them in British airports for years and yet we all seem to cope on the way out to wherever we are going.

You say that you hope you'll never have to repeat the experience and that is entirely in your own hands - if you don't visit Cyprus or Paphos again because of a one off experience at the airport then that would be a shame.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
2. Re: Travel chaos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 May 2018, 19:23

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel chaos

Clearly you didn't read my post I said I would never go via Papos Airport not that I wouldn't consider visiting Cyprus or Paphos again

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,831 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel chaos

I did read it but I guess when I'm planning a holiday I prefer convenience

If I'm going to stay in Paphos or the surrounding area then I fly to Paphos. You only other airport choice in Southern Cyprus is Larnaca and that is a 2 hour drive from Paphos, which is a waste of valuable holiday time when there is an airport in Paphos already.

The world is full of people that say 'I'll never do that again' until they need to, want to or have to. as I said in my reply it's a real shame that you have let a one off experience colour your judgement

Edited: 12 May 2018, 19:15
Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
810 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel chaos

Airport delays are unfortunate wherever you are, and whether on the way out or home. I find them worse on the way out as it means I am missing a couple of hours in my resort.

Unfortunately the queue sounds bad but I realise there are many different Agents working at Paphos. I have used Easyjet and in the old days Cyprus Airways and although I have had delays occasionally never anything like you described.

In a couple of weeks I hope it is the good time you had that you remember and not the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Harlow, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel chaos

It is unlikely to be the airports fault that your flight was delayed by 2 hours, the plane was probably just late arriving from a previous flight. This can happen at any airport. I came back from Paphos a few weeks ago and although it was chaotic with lots of queues (which most airports are) it wouldn’t make me not want to use it again and certainly wouldn’t fly to Larnaca to have a 2 hour drive back

There are plenty of screens around the departure hall giving all the flight info so you don’t need announcements.

Edited: 15 May 2018, 08:53
Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Alfreton, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel chaos

Just try to avoid Wednesdays and Sundays.

Reply to: Travel chaos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted