We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant & bar recommendations nr Alexander the Great

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
931 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant & bar recommendations nr Alexander the Great

My husband and I will be spending four (child-free... eeek!) nights at the Alexander the Great at the end of May to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

It’s been a while since were last there, so we would love some recommendations on great places to eat and drink, ideally within walking distance.

Thank you! U2fan

17 replies to this topic
stockie
Level Contributor
921 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant & bar recommendations nr Alexander the Great

Gabors. Cavallini, Happy Island. Gourmet Taverna my favourite. Les Amis.

Bars Hogshead. Memories for cocktails MareMare for view.

Have a lovely time.

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
931 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant & bar recommendations nr Alexander the Great

Thank you wills63!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant & bar recommendations nr Alexander the Great

I would give memories a try. We love goin there and Andreas is a great host and a good laugh.

London, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant & bar recommendations nr Alexander the Great

Child free 😫 Oh the envy!

If you have a car then definitely Last Castle is worth a visit, stunning views, you’ll need to look it up for directions and also book a table. It’s only open in the daytime but I can’t recommend enough!

My favourite restaurants to walk to while the baby slept (different experience then isn’t it!) were Ficardos and The Lodge. Drinks at Suite 48 while sun sets.

Have an amazing time x

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,178 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant & bar recommendations nr Alexander the Great

The OP may be child free but the hotel won't be - it's UK half term holidays !

Try not to be envious of those that are child free on holiday - you only have 18 years at most if you're lucky and then you will have child free holidays again too. When that happens you will envy those that are on holiday with their children.

Our favourite restaurant in that area is Ouzeri - it is just a short stroll along the coastal path and they have lice music at lunchtimes

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Rev…

Edited: 12 May 2018, 09:34
Derby, UK
Level Contributor
931 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant & bar recommendations nr Alexander the Great

Thanks everyone for your great suggestions, I'll check them all out.

Our boys will be enjoying their half term holiday with their grandparents in Ireland, so it's a win-win!

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant & bar recommendations nr Alexander the Great

Les Amis for dinner and Memories for drinks all within 2 minute walk of your hotel

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
931 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant & bar recommendations nr Alexander the Great

Thank you for all your recommendations. We are gradually going through them. Les Amis was wonderful last night and we've booked to go to the Last Castle tomorrow lunchtime.

South Elmsall...
Level Contributor
18 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant & bar recommendations nr Alexander the Great

Just come back from the Alex, favourite was pingouino excuse the spelling near the harbour, it’s a hangout for the locals and very good prices, a lot of very expensive average eateries. Porto bellow Italian just down the main road from the Alex was nice although again expensive. Les Amis was just that, missable. Tried a few bars around, not the most fashionable place but again just round the corner from Porto bello is memories cocktail bar. Strongest cocktails we had.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
8,912 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant & bar recommendations nr Alexander the Great

Atrion restaurant aka the secret garden. Pretty little courtyard with a fountain strewn with fairy lights. Great food, great prices, lovely staff. It’s hidden away in the little shopping plaza opposite ATG.

Reply to: Restaurant & bar recommendations nr Alexander the Great
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paphos